Computer Network Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5488
Minimum Clearance Required Top Secret
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
The METROPOLIS Program requires a Mid-to-Senior Level Computer Science or Network Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to support modeling, simulation, and analysis of overhead (space) and terrestrial (TCOMM) communication systems. In this Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) role, the individual will assist in the analysis of alternatives and conduct modeling and simulation to support major acquisition decisions. The COMM and Ground systems analysis will support senior level decision-makers.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create/enhance a model at the network/transport layer that will predict average and peak traffic given current and future network design options
- Optimize network performance by analyzing, predicting and regulating the behavior of data transmitted over the network
- Estimate data throughput given new data sources and destinations
- Identify risks for dropped or delayed traffic
- Create/enhance model visualization capabilities to easily communicate network behavior and performance statistics to senior decision makers
- Provide engineering support to currently funded customer programs
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required. Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility will be considered.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or other related fields
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with conducting engineering analysis, modeling, and simulation
- Ability to understand communication protocols (e.g., TCP/IP)
- Ability to conduct computer network analysis and simulate network performance
- Ability to explain and effectively communicate complex engineering analyses and studies to government and corporate management.
- Ability to establish a plan for a project and to accomplish goals embodied by the plan.
- Ability to contribute to team efforts or to operate completely independently.
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Ability to design engineering experiments for the purpose of understanding system design impacts or identifying optimal parameter settings
- Experience with network operations, to include an ability to verify sufficient accuracy of a predictive model
- Experience with a variety of scripting languages for simulation model development and engineering analysis (e.g., JAVA, Matlab, Python, R, Perl)
- Experience with the Intelligence Community
- Full-time, Monday through Friday. Day shift. Flexible hours within reason if approved by the Program Manager.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.