Helpdesk / Systems Administrator
Location TX - San Antonio
Req # 5601
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
Centauri is currently seeking a talented Helpdesk / Systems Administrator – ACD in support of our Team located at the Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX .
Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate will perform ACD Helpdesk/Systems Administration services supporting all 33 NWS mission networks under operational direction of the 33 NWS MA Directorate and shall perform the following duties:
- Systems Administration Support Services on both NIPRNet and SIPRNet and supported special enclaves during mission hours
- Coordinate problem remediation actions with the Engineering Flight, and external units (i.e., 26 Network Operations Squadron (NOS), Integrated Network Operations and Security Center (INOSCs), 690 Information Support Squadron (ISS)
- Support Systems Administration of operational networks, COOP network, the training network, local base NIPRNet and SIPRNet Computer System Administration (CSA) actions, and AOL deployment maintenance analysis
- Perform basic and intermediate level installation, upgrades, daily maintenance and intermediate troubleshooting to include hardware and software consisting of UNIX-based, Windows-based, and VMware-based operating systems, workstations/monitors, Anti-virus and software, computer printers, Cybex switches, fiber optic media, gigabit Ethernet, and 100BaseT network operations
- Perform all network account administrative functions to include creation, disabling, unlocking, privilege configuration, expiration of accounts, and maintenance troubleshooting
- Create and delete user accounts within two (2) working days, track user privileges, maintain a list of current users, and show accessibility to all computer systems, network, and computer software applications, and other network components
- Ensure ACD user workstations are secure, have the latest software patches installed, and are properly configured within Time-Compliance Network Order (TCNO) specific deadlines to minimize the potential of unauthorized intrusions.
- The contractor shall incorporate approved clients network trouble ticketing procedures (internal and external) for completion of ACD Network/Systems Administration tasking’s
- Experience with administrative maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting actions on a variety of commercial software suites.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Windows and VMware operating systems and other network and computer components Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners.
- Current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Security + and CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker) or SSCP
- Fulfilling IAT Level II CNDSP requirement outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2
- Hold one the following entry level certifications:
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional
- VMware Certified Professional
- CompTia Linux KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.