Strategic Acquisition Engineer
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5347
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a Strategic Acquisition Engineer. This position will serve as a technical member of a dynamic systems engineering team supporting the NRO Ground Directorate (GED). The primary focus of this position is Strategic major system acquisition (MSA) and Source Selection planning activities. This position directly supports the senior staff of the Ground Enterprise.
- Advise Senior and Mid-level managers on acquisition decisions to include investment strategies, portfolio priorities, and assess project execution risk
- Develop integrated acquisition schedules correlating multiple efforts across the GED portfolio to include managing milestones within acquisition plans and shepherding programs through source selection processes
- Generate acquisition strategies and Request For Proposal (RFP) supporting documentation Acquistion Steering Council (ASC), Statements of Work (SOW), Contractor Deliverable Requirements List (CDRL), and associated Contracts acquisition documents
- Assist and manage quality control of documentation baseline and associated Bidder’s Libraries as well as actively participate in GED Source-Selection Activities
- Provide technical and cost assessment of Development Contractor-submitted contract proposals technical reports, schedules, design artifacts, and program plans.
- Provide Day-to-Day collaboration with the Government Customer, FFRDC teams, SETA and GED development contractors as well as External Agency mission partners
- Support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and prepare and present architecture and acquisition recommendation briefings
- B.S. in engineering, physics or related technical degree or relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic, and energetic environment with excellent communication skills
- Experience in space/ground aerospace systems engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of the NRO with special emphasis on Ground Systems
- Familiarity with agile software development and integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities
- This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain closure
- Demonstrated understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience within an acquisition office in the NRO, NGA or related Intelligence Community
- Prior experience with NRO ground mission processing or mission control systems, and/or mission operations is highly desired
- Experience interacting with User Community across a wide variety of intelligence and phenomenology disciplines
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCI with CI poly required
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.