Acquisition Engineer and Manager
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5444
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a highly motivated Activity Based Acquisition Engineer and Manager to support a GEOINT Acquisition Program Office responsible for the design, development, and acquisition of geospatial-intelligence data systems. The Acquisition Office provides innovative technical solutions for the acquisition and delivery of activity-based collection capabilities that provide timely and relevant intelligence to the user community. The position supports activities associated with acquisition management over the system life-cycle.
Key skills / duties include:
- Lead and coordinate activities to generate acquisition engineering and management products needed to comply with program lifecycle readiness processes and acquisition decision milestone requirements.
- Generate and facilitate Customer approval of contract SOWs, Requests for Proposal (RFPs), CDRLs, Independent Program Review documentation, entry and exit products for Acquisition Milestone Decisions, and other acquisition documents required for Major System Acquisitions.
- Support acquisition strategy development, schedule planning, conduct of market research, trade studies, evaluation criteria development, and pre-solicitation documentation reviews.
- Coordinate subject matter expertise (SME) for evaluations of proposals, fee plans, contract clauses, proposed hours, and cost and technical baseline documentation.
- Perform programmatic analysis and assessments and develop briefings for program recommendations, technical exchange meetings, engineering review and configuration management control boards, and program reviews.
- Support program baseline management, CDRL evaluations, engineering change request processes, technical evaluation reviews for technical and programmatic impacts on contract and technical baselines.
- 10-12 years of experience with Bachelor’s of Science degree in engineering, math, system engineering, or related technical discipline
- 8-10 years of experience of acquisition support for the GEOINT mission area with MSA experience
- Program Management certification
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can partner with multiple teammates
- Master’s degree in engineering, math, system engineering, or related technical discipline
- 4-8 years of experience in NRO GEOINT system acquisition and operations
- Knowledge of GEOINT systems CONOPS, design, and operations
- Knowledge of NRO Space-to-Ground Interfaces and Architectures
- Major System Acquisition experience in NRO and IC acquisition processes and operational deployments
- Experience with software testing, Agile development, and verification and validation of complex systems
- Experience supporting L&I or system operations transition campaigns
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.