Mission Operations Engineer
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5345
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is looking for a Mission Operations Systems Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA.
- Provide expert advice and coordination of mission operations, launch and initialization, end to end mission system testing, ground architecture, systems engineering, systems integration, and deployment related to the satellite ground system
- Support the customer in the definition of architecture concepts, engineering designs reviews, system trades, analysis, and decisions pertaining to the mission operations for a satellite system
- Develop and lead planning for test and transition for a satellite constellation, and on orbit activation
- Identify and assess emerging risks; develop and evaluate proposed burn-down plans
- Develop concepts of operation based on relevant operating scenarios, environmental conditions, and mission requirements
- Review and coordinate on changes to specifications, lCDs and system level requirements documentation
- Attend contractor reviews (e.g. PMRs, PDR, CDR, pre- ship and other meetings) to provide technically based recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 9 years of experience; Master’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience
- In-depth understanding of DOD/IC satellite mission operations, test and transition planning, and L&I experience
- Systems engineering and system integration experience
- Experience in DOD/lC acquisition and program management processes
- Available to travel domestically
Security Clearance Requirements: Active TS/SCIwith Polygraph
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.