Ground Systems Engineer
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5610
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a highly motivated Ground Systems Engineer to support a GEOINT Acquisition Program Office responsible for the design, development, and acquisition of geospatial-intelligence data systems. The Acquisition Office provides innovative technical solutions for the acquisition and delivery of activity-based collection capabilities that provide timely and relevant intelligence to the user community. The position includes responsibilities in the areas of end-to-end system CONOPS, command and control/mission planning interface, system initialization, and on-orbit anomaly response.
The successful candidate will have a degree in engineering, physics, computer science, or imaging science/remote sensing and a background in space systems, platforms and or technology.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of command and control software, intersegment testing, space-to-ground CONOPS, and launch and initialization for current and future GEOINT systems
- Evaluate the technical performance of the command and control development and maintenance teams
- Analyze engineering change requests for technical and programmatic impact
- Serve as point of contact to the planning and scheduling program office for areas of program dependency and integration for the full command and control/mission planning system
- Develop briefing presentations for recommended program actions such as authorization of trade studies, additional development activity, requirements changes, or program schedule changes
- Work with satellite/software factory operations and maintenance teams to track system performance (both space and ground) and recommend courses of action to recover or improve mission performance or reliability for on-orbit assets
- Provide support to on-orbit anomaly resolution process
- Coordinate program milestone activities with partner Directorates and Offices, assess programmatic and technical risk at the end-to-end multi-segment level
- Support the development of Statements of Work (SOWs), Request for Proposal (RFPs), Independent Program Review documentation, key decision positions, and other acquisition documents
- B.S. degree in engineering, physics, computer science, imaging science / remote sensing or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in operations or acquisition of command & control systems and/or processing systems
- Experience in satellite operations, development, and/or testing of command and control and/or processing software
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can partner with multiple teammates
- Master’s in engineering, physics, computer science, imaging science / remote sensing or related technical discipline
- 5-9 years of experience in operations or acquisitions of NRO systems
- Knowledge of command and control and/or processing system CONOPS, design, and operations
- Knowledge of NRO Space-to-Ground Interfaces and Architectures
- Major System Acquisition experience
- Experience with software testing, Agile development, and verification and validation of complex systems
- Experience supporting launch, initialization, or system transition campaigns
Security Clearance Requirements: ACTIVE TS/SCI with current CI POLY required
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.