Location TX - San Antonio
Req # 5579
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a skilled Sensor Engineer to support our team at Lackland, AFB in San Antonio, TX.
The primary responsibilities and duties of the Sensor Engineer may include but are not limited to the following:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and manage the AF IDS/IPS sensor fleet. Functions include performance on IOP gateway and FAK sensors, Cloud Shield, McAfee IDS/IPS deployments, FPC/NTSA, ArcSight, and sensor fleet specialized applications (such as Fidelis), emerging IDS/IPS technologies and associated network infrastructure [ASA/VPN concentrator], equipment/configurations, HBSS and other Gateway, boundary and Third Party sensors.
- Support the development and documentation of processes and checklists for maintenance associated with those systems.
- Performrelated activities and coordinate MA actions with Operation Support Technical section and external units (i.e., 26 NOS, INOSCs, and 690 ISS). Support shall include advanced sensor development, integration and engineering of central management systems, operational networks (Patriot and Defender), and the training network .
- Maintain and manage software upgrades and patches and perform system changes for the IDS/IPS sensors ensuring proper configuration to DISA (STIG and AF (AFI and TO) standards to minimize the potential of unauthorized intrusions.
- Deploy to any DOD network gateway, boundary or third party location with the necessary equipment to install IDS/IPS sensor(s), servers and network infrastructure hardware.
- Conduct the daily private key management.
- Deploy correlation rule sets base boundary (aka enclave control node, ECN) to correctly identify and process system alerts in support of 33 NWS operations.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the IDS/IPS sensor’s ability to collect and report suspicious network activity on AF networks. Perform advanced diagnostic testing and troubleshooting either remotely from or through local System Administration having direct access to the IDS/IPS sensor.
- Ensure that response to inoperable systems is immediate. Conduct troubleshooting and fault isolation to sustain network connectivity between the correlators and sensor equipment, maintain COTS and GOTS sensor applications, harden ACL to restrict unauthorized access to network, create and manage sensor user accounts, and assign the user specific rights to access network resources.
- Perform advanced actions necessary to ensure IDS/IPS sensors are collecting and reporting network activity to the COR or Government shift lead, diagnose and resolve end user problems, and ensure the end users adhere to the proper security policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or other relevant field from an accredited college or university or 4 years experience in lieu of degree
- Sensor Engineers are expected to be proficient with common Operating Systems that include UNIX, Microsoft Server, VMware and Cisco.
- UNIX Any two of CCNA, Linux+/Red Hat and VCP (4 or newer); or MCP SQL and HBSS Advanced Adminstrator
- CEH or SSCP certification
- 5+ years substantive and relevant experience
Clearance Level Required
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.