Science & Technology Manager
Location VA - Reston
Req # 5369
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is hiring aScience & Technology ManagerinReston, VA. The S&T Manager will support development, integration, and demonstration activities for sensitive technical operations capabilities and special access programs from earliest concept development, system definition, and architecture design through system development and demonstration of sensitive technical operations capabilities supporting technical operations. Provide support to a Rapid Integration Cell as follows:
- Provide technical expertise for requirements to identify customers’ critical intelligence needs, essential elements of information, and technical collection gaps;
- Support analysis of alternatives (AoA) through research to inform Government investment decisions for rapid development of sensitive technical collection capabilities;
- Provide technical expertise for concept of operations (CONOPS) to guide system functional designs;
- Prepare and status program management documents such as integrated master plans, integrated master schedules, and work breakdown structures;
- Prepare system engineering and test documentation including system requirements documents, systems engineering plans, system engineering configuration baselines, configuration management documents, test plans, and test reports;
- Provide focused prototype technical expertise to support time-sensitive, high-priority intelligence requirements;
- Provide technical expertise for applying algorithms and scrips to execute within existing COTS/GOTS software suites;
- Provide sensor system technical expertise, signal processing, and troubleshooting support to field demonstrations;
- Provide technical expertise and product evaluation support, both onsite and in the field, including command and control of prototypes, ground truth collections, and data/signal processing to verify and characterize system performance; and
- Liaise with other government agencies to leverage and partner with other IC developments and capabilities.
- 5-10+ years of experience in special communications, systems engineering, development, testing
- Understanding of DoD and Intelligence community special communications requirements
- High level of self-motivation, desire to deliver stellar solutions and willingness to work in a distributed team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, strong troubleshooting and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering or technology field with 5-10+ years technical/development experience
Security Requirements: Must have an active TS/SCI clearance and a current CI POLY.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.