Develops, implements, and/or maintains one or a combination of accounting systems. Uses accounting and financial procedures in resolving problems and preparing recommendations for management based on the financial results of programs. This family is also responsible for analyzing current and past budgets, preparing and justifying budget requests, and allocating funds according to spending priorities. Individuals in these roles analyze accounting records to determine financial resources required to implement programs and submits recommendations for budget allocations, recommend approval or disapproval of requests for funds and advise staff on cost analysis and fiscal allocations. Duties may also include consolidating the budget estimates of several organizational units and preparing a unitary budget itemizing production costs, for consideration and action by upper echelons of management.
Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience. Four additional years' experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Must have strong knowledge of MS Excel and Pivot Tables/MS Word.
- Experience with Apptio a plus
- Candidate must be comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with short and rigid deadlines.
- Candidate must possess good writing and editing skills, including clear organization and concise presentation.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with team members, Government Staff, and Senior Leadership.