JOB DESCRIPTION: Establishes and implements hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with IT standards and strategy. Investigates available hardware and software products, evaluates and recommends products based on user requirements. Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate equipment at the lowest cost. Reviews licenses and or contracts to ensure that hardware and software equipment is covered by the contract and properly documented.
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience. Four additional years' experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Must have at least 1 to 2+ years of management experience.
- Demonstrated prior experience as a logistics and supply chain manager
- Experience and understanding of supply chain management policies, processes, and systems (asset management systems).
- Knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 7/8/10), PC and network hardware
- Willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills
- Knowledge of asset lifecycles
- Able to and willing to advance their technical skills
- Must have some type of technical experience
- Must have experience with or the ability to learn how to use: Inventory Management Systems, ServiceNow Asset Module, Microsoft SCCM
- Certification in supply chain or logistics field
- ITIL certification a PLUS