Establishes and implements hardware and software acquisition, protection, maintenance and retention policies, standards and procedures that are aligned with IT standards and strategy. Investigates available hardware and software products, evaluates and recommends products based on user requirements. Coordinates with the procurement function to interview, select and negotiate with hardware and software vendors in order to purchase the appropriate equipment at the lowest cost. Reviews licenses and/or contracts to ensure that hardware and software equipment is covered by the contract and properly documented. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. Will consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. An Interim Secret Clearance will be required to start the position.
- Experience and understanding of supply chain management policies, processes, and systems.
- Knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 7/8/10), PC and network hardware
- Willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills
- Knowledge of asset lifecycles
- Able to and willing to advance their technical skills
- Must have some type of technical experience
- Must have at least 1-2+ years of technical, asset management, or inventory experience
- Must be able to work with and distribute Technical devices on a daily basis
- Must have experience with or the ability to learn how to use: Inventory Management Systems, ServiceNow Asset Module, Microsoft SCCM
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs