SAIC is seeking an Oracle Cloud Engineer to join the Cloud One Operations and Sustainment Dev Sec Team focused on customer support and site reliability engineering. This candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) common services offered for development, integration, test, and production. This is remote work that may be performed from any location within the United States. Preference will be given to qualified candidates with proximity to Maxwell-Gunter AFB (Montgomery, AL) or Hanscom AFB (Bedford, MA).
The Principal Cloud Engineer will be supporting the Cloud One program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data serves the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and other Government Customers. Cloud One facilitates the Government’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF operations.
Daily activities may include:
- Design OCI environments and topologies
- Architect and deploy an SCCA-compliant OCI enclave
- Design OCI network and security components to support complex architectures
- Deploy and migrate workloads to OCI
- OCI security scanning
- Tools and Automation (scripting – Terraform, IaC templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Promptly respond to problem management and break fix tickets
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users
- Share (rotational) duties to support solutions across multiple data impact level classifications
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- IAT II Certification (or equivalent), or ability to obtain IAT Level II within 30 days of start date
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure as code solutions
- Experience with Terraform
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience and advanced vendor certification and in-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
- In-depth understanding of, and experience as a cloud engineer with OCI experience
- Networking, VPNs, IaaS, PaaS, databases and storage,
- Comfortable talking about all aspects and features of OCI.
- Demonstrated experience with customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and participation in project planning
- Experience preparing technical documentation including design, asset inventory, diagrams.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Experience supporting DoD cloud or software development projects
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AF cloud engineering, operations and sustainment
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Certified Architect
- CISSP (or IAT III equivalent) Certification
- Experience in an MSP or other IT company highly desirable
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.