Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented RHEL Systems Administrator (AIX/RedHat Linux) L3-Sr, to join our team in the Annapolis Junction, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains a thorough and well-rounded knowledge of all Linux operating systems with Red Hat version expertise along with a solid understanding of the mechanisms required for distribution of new and upgraded software to ensure the client and customers always receive current versions of supported software as available
- Writes Shell Scripts to automate repetitive tasks Manages user account information, including rights, security and systems groups (Linux, eDirectory)
- Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new technologies to optimize the Linux operating system environment
- Manage, set-up, administer, support and troubleshoot Linux servers.
- Works with senior staff to recommend and design systems architecture and topology perspectives in building and supporting the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Works closely with various IT groups including but not limited to project management, database administration, network and security teams, application teams assisting in the overall architectural design
- Defines and maintains server operations, processes and procedures; service and operational level agreements and reports compliance and server build requirements as needed Provide support and monitors performance and reporting, problem identification and resolution
- Provide regular status reports, gather requirements and provide input into the infrastructure products that are bought or built
- Maintains operating systems and associated infrastructure software Design and document SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for system administration activities
- Install and maintain Server OS and configuration using tools automated installation like Kickstart and Configuration Management tools like Puppet
- Respond to service calls remotely using laptop over secure VPN
- Provide root-cause analysis for recurring or critical problems
- Security POAM resolution
- A 4-year degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10+ years of RHEL systems administration experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience RHEL 6.5. or later, performance monitoring and tuning tools, installation options, problem determination and recovery, and AIX security
- Experience with IBM Power architectures, X-series and Blade center server technology.
- Experience writing and debugging shell scripts in a standard UNIX shell
- This position supports an IT operations environment. The successful candidate should expect to support work on nights and weekends and will be required to be on-call 24X7X365 and respond in a timely manner
- Strong security background
- Experience with Python and R deploys
- Docker/Kubernetes experience
- Experience with NIM, satellite server and Kickstart
- Experience with AIX performance tuning and capacity planning
- Experience with AIX 6.1 or later, performance monitoring and tuning tools, installation options, problem determination and recovery, and AIX security
- Experience with high availability architectures and concepts (possibly including, but not limited to, HACMP/PowerHA)
- Experience with Virtual IOS concepts and applications
- Experience with enterprise backup/restore architectures and concepts including TSM as it pertains to AIX and RHEL
- Experience with Logical Volume Manager, Storage concepts and SAN provisioning
- Experience with IBM X-series and Flex System server technology.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active DOD Secret clearance and ability to obtain agency suitability clearance
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.