Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented UI/UX Developer to join our team in Hanover, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for user experience, user workflow, design and 508 compliance
• Shall provide options and recommend changes based on current design standards and trends
• Development of map-based web applications including implementation of new capabilities and bug fixes
• Integration with data stores
• Integration with Restful Services
• System design/architecture
• Responsible for developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support.
• The candidate will prepare detailed specifications from which software products will be designed and/or candidate will translate documented designs into software products by developing, documenting, testing and debugging code.
• Experience with applications that deal with utility programs, job control language, macro, subroutines and other control modules.
• Must have a High School Diploma
• Shall have a minimum of thirteen (13) years’ experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis
• Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems
• Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods
• Detail oriented Self-starter
• Adobe Creative Suite (or other designer tools)
• HTML, CSS and Bootstrap
• Familiar with Less and Sass
• Understanding of responsive design and touch interface interaction techniques and be in sync with recent design standards and trends
• Understanding of the limitations of web and mobile, with approaches/ideas to flex those boundaries. A solid portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating great user?centered design solutions across multiple interfaces and screen sizes.
• Create user?centered designs for software projects by considering customer feedback
• Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on?device software applications
• Create and evaluate interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
• Breakdown complex requirements and concepts into well?thought visual designs and workflows
• Ability to work collaboratively with developers, project managers, and cross?functional teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
• Experience creating UI specs & wireframes; flexibility and willingness to move from idea, to whiteboard, to execution quickly and provide choices to stakeholders
• Configuration management tools Git or similar
• A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related discipline may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience.
• A Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines may be substituted for an additional two (2) years of experience.
• Candidate shall be competent to work at the highest level of all phases of software engineering and/or all phases of applications systems analysis with minimal direction or oversight.
• Excellent communication skills
• System design/architecture/collaboration
• Ability to work in a cross team environment
• Knowledgeable of geospatial applications
• Knowledgeable of 508 Compliance
• Intellij or VSCode experience
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Active/Current Top-Secret SCI with Poly
• Reaching, Speaking, Standing, Talking, Working with computers/certs, Working with data, Ability to handle stress & work under pressure, oral & written communication skills, ability to use MS office, ability to use a PC, Interpersonal & people skills, multi-tasking ability
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.