Calibration Technician (Metrology)
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
- Performs calibration/repairs on equipment.
- Calibrates standards used in calibrations.
- Performs calibrations on physical dimensional, mechanical, electronic, and RF instrumentation. Additionally, performs repair, troubleshooting, modifying, testing, calibrating, adjusting, repairing, and installing electronic, digital and analog equipment and monitoring devices.
- Conducts uncertainty analysis, develops procedures, and ensures documentation conforms to Quality Systems requirements.
- Installs new equipment; performs modifications on equipment to make it compatible with existing equipment or to enhance its functions.
- Makes reports on electronic or instrumentation system conditions, repairs and preventive maintenance performed; prepares and maintains repair and maintenance records as required by federal and department regulations and directives.
- Develops automated procedures using basic/complex programming skills.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according to instructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testing procedures.
- Uses all hand tools and sets up and uses standard machine tools.
- Uses common laboratory measuring, calibrating, and test equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting in conjunction with design modification functions involved in production or engineering liaison.
- Makes design modification or devises and designs the equipment parts.
- Provides guidance regarding equipment operation to customers and equipment operators.
- Resolves group and customer issues, seeks to improve the overall productivity of the department, anticipates problems and initiates appropriate actions to eliminate them.
- Performs complex maintenance and repair work on equipment; inspects defective electronic equipment to determine malfunction; reads and interprets schematic diagrams, logic charts, drawings and sketches and manufacturers manuals; uses computer diagnostics to isolate area of malfunction; interfaces digital equipment with the computer and programs equipment and diagnostics functions.
- Performs work safely, incompliance to HS&E requirements, and takes actions to ensure a safe working environment.
- Interacts effectively with others to produce the desired results.
- Participates constructively in the utilization of process improvement methods to provide timely, cost-effective, quality services.
- Performs routine operational tests to assure the modification produces desired outputs; evaluates environments in which equipment is to be installed and how electronic equipment will be affected.
- Maintains records of test data and assists in writing test procedures and test evaluation reports.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization.
- May adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment appropriate to meet special needs.
- Provides activity and status reports to management.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirement will prevail.
- High school diploma with minimum 4 years’ experience OR Associates degree with 3 years’ experience in relevant field.
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
- Military PMEL/TMDE/Metrology training preferred.
- Troubleshooting and Calibration of equipment.
- Experience with Fluke Met/Team, Fluke Met/Track, and Fluke Met/Cal software a plus.
- Environmental chamber maintenance and repair a plus.
- Preferred demonstrated experience in general purpose electronics, physical and dimensional equipment to include torque, pressure/vacuum, force, mass, and length.
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001, Z-540.1, AS9100, ISO17025, and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
- Experience with automated testing of IM&TE.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.