Spacecraft Communications Systems Engineer
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5631
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a System Engineer to support one of our IC customers in Chantilly, VA. The Senior System Engineer will provide SETA (Systems Engineering Technical Advisor) services to the IC customer with a focus on RF satellite communications. The position will have various SE assignments related to the acquisition of additional capabilities and other activities in support of the customer program office. The System Engineer is part of the customer team focused on all aspects of the systems life cycle including conops development, capturing requirements, working with developers to deliver capability, testing to ensure capabilities meet requirements, transition to operations and operations support.
- Support the change management process to maintain documentation, working with users to define new requirements, working with developers to help design new implementation methods, working all internal & external interfaces, shepherding capabilities into operations and supporting issues while in operations.
- Directly supports the government program manager and assists in all activities related to program management.
- Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Generate quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensure requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translate high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and work with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establish and coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Design interfaces and brings system elements together, so they work as a whole. Assess performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Participate in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generate system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Review test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- B.S. in Engineering, (or equivalent) with 8 - 10 years of relevant experience or a Master's with 5 - 7 years of experience. Four years of additional relevant experience can be substituted for B.S. degree.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers providing detailed and unbiased feedback, guidance, and recommendations.
- Strong time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be proactive and forward leaning.
- Prior SETA experience
- Some experience working development of ground segments as part of overall space-based mission
- Basic understanding of space-based RF communications methods, hardware/software
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing and processing segment hardware/software systems and waveform development
Security Requirements: Must currently hold a TS/SCI with ACTIVE CI POLY
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.