Senior RF, EO, SIGINT Acquisition Systems Architect
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 4950
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a senior, highly motivated GEOINT / SIGINT Systems Architect in support of a major acquisition system program office. The successful candidate will have significant experience with and understanding of existing NRO satellite systems and be able to apply that knowledge to guide senior defense officials towards operational sustainment, on-going development, and most importantly guide future acquisition to meet near and emerging national and defense intelligence needs. The successful candidate will be able to grasp technical concepts and communicate key findings and recommendations to senior and junior customers to enable informed decision making.
- Leverage deep acquisitions background and support NRO representation at DNI/OSD Statement of Need (SON) and Statement of Capabilities (SOC) coordination reviews to inform development of future satellite and ground space systems.
- Apply understanding of current NRO capabilities, and architect methods to achieve new, innovative results with flexibility to align with senior Government vision, goals, and objectives.
- Communicate clearly to Government leadership methods to convert warfighter needs into satellite space and ground functional and performance requirements.
- Apply understanding of end-to-end payload development towards the development and verification of system and segment-level payload requirements and evaluation of specifications, CONOPS, and test plans.
- Apply deep understanding of modeling and simulation tools and analysis to oversee satellite design maturation and monitor and assess performance and spacecraft maturity; identifying risk and risk management techniques.
- Apply program management knowledge to achieve technical performance within cost, schedule, and contract constraints.
- Identify risks to program plans, develop corrective action plans, conduct engineering change proposal reviews and technical evaluations, cost and schedule evaluations, support program and design reviews, and support proposal evaluations.
- Support payload modification and modernization initiatives, assess proposed designs and evaluate alternatives to support development, technology insertion, including architectural trades and future payload enhancements and initiatives.
- B.S. degree in engineering, math, physics or other scientific discipline
- 10 years of experience with NRO space and launch systems
- Major space system acquisition experience
- Exposure to the system design trade process, assessing system design options, analyzing mission requirements, monitoring vehicle development and test, CONOPS development, and tracking requirement verification
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can partner with multiple teammates, including FFRDC, SETA team members, and can communicate effectively with developmental partners
- M.S. / Ph.D. in engineering or physics, imaging science/remote sensing or related technical discipline
- 15+ years of experience with NRO or relevant low earth space systems acquisition and development
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.