Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Principal DSP Engineer
Location OH - Beavercreek
Req # 5640
Minimum Clearance Required Clearance Eligibility
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is a technology-driven company providing high-end, creative software and engineering solutions to critical national security missions across space, cyber, ISR, missile defense and intelligence domains. Bringing together the brightest minds in STEM, intelligence operations and analysis, with a culture that attracts innovators, difference-makers and entrepreneurs, our teams are dedicated to solving the most complex challenges to help keep our nation safe. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
Principal DSP Engineer
Education: Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years’ experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field of study; Master’s degree with 8+ years’ experience; or PhD with 5+ years’ experience
• Working with Linux operating systems
• Working with SDR technologies to develop application specific radio transceivers by implementing signal processing algorithms using WDK (Waveform Development Kits) i.e GnuRadio, RedHawk, Matlab.
• Develop C/C++ or Python DSP algorithms, protocol encoding/decoding libraries, and emulation logic.
• Problem-solving, troubleshooting, and debugging difficult technical issues.
• Ability to lead a team of engineers
• Experience with vulnerability research
• Ability to code in C or C+• Ability to code in HDL languages (Verilog, VHDL)
• Ability to use a scripting language (Python, bash, etc.)
• Experience with PC and embedded systems architecture to include boot processes and OS internals
• Experience implementing SDR based communications protocols and digital modulation/receivers.
• Experience with SDR (Software Defined Radio) technologies and Signal Processing Frameworks (GnuRadio, OpenCPI, Matlab, etc.)
• Experience with Digital Communication protocols (PSK, QAM, OFDM, etc.)
• Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
• Ability to analyze and implement custom communications protocols to conduct wireless vulnerability assessments of RF equipment.
• Ability to work with complex signals
• Ability to program real time signal processing algorithms with multiple languages (C++, Python)
• Experience with digital communication radio systems
Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI security clearance (or the ability to obtain)
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.