Data Visualization Business Intelligence Developer (BI)
We are looking to hire a talented Data Visualization Business Intelligence Developer to create customized Dashboards. You will be responsible for configuring and customizing dashboards according to company specifications, provide business insights across teams to help make informed decisions, assess risks and stay ahead of industry trends.
To ensure success, you should have extensive knowledge in software engineering, databases and data analysis. Additionally, you should have the ability to develop, deploy, and maintain BI interfaces. Those include query tools, data visualization and interactive dashboards, ad hoc reporting, and data modeling tools.
- Setting business requirements for BI tools
- Translating business requirements into technical ones
- Leading BI software development, deployment, and maintenance
- Report curation and data modeling
- Participation in data warehouse design
- Documenting contents in a data warehouse and meta-data storage
- Creating technical documentation for BI tools
- Designing, coding, and implementing solutions
- Extending SharePoint functionality with forms, web parts, and application technologies
- Testing and debugging code
- Reviewing website interface and software stability
- Troubleshooting software issues
- Maintaining and updating SharePoint applications
- Providing systems training to staff and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of how to create professional data visualizations (Tableau or QlikView)
- Must have at least 1 year of previouse BI / Data Science experience
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Extensive knowledge with SQL Server, R, and Python
- High-level coding skills
- Ability to solve complex software issues
- Ability to project manage
- Excellent communication skills
- Industry experience is preferred
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining is preferred
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and online analytical processing.
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, and Cliq Sense)
- Sharepoint development skills
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Familiarity with Defense Department work is preferred
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.