Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team at an Industry Leading Organization, where employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented ISSM to join our team at Hanscom AFB, MA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
- Perform analysis of network security, based upon the RMF or JAFAN authorization process; advise customer on IT assessment and authorization issues
- Perform risk assessments and make recommendations to customers
- Advise government program managers on security testing methodologies and processes
- Evaluate assessment documentation and provide written recommendations for authorization to government PM’s
- Periodically review system security to accommodate changes to policy or technology
- Develop and maintain a formal Information Systems Security Program
- Ensure that all IAOs, network administrators, and other AIS personnel receive the necessary technical and security training to carry out their duties
- Develop, review, endorse, and recommend action by the AO or DAO of system assessment documentation
- Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing system memory, media, and output
- Conduct assessment tests that include verification that the features and assurances required for each protection level are functional
- Maintain a repository for all system authorization documentation and modifications
- Coordinate AIS security inspections, tests, and reviews
- Develop policies and procedures for responding to security incidents, and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents
- Ensure proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered within a system
- Ensure that data ownership and responsibilities are established for each AIS, to include accountability, access rights, and special handling requirements
- Ensure development and implementation of an information security education, training, and awareness program, to include attending, monitoring, and presenting local AIS security training.
- Ensure that security assessments are completed and documented
- Evaluate threats and vulnerabilities to ascertain whether additional safeguards are needed
- Assess changes in the system, its environment, and operational needs that could affect the authorization
- Ensure that authorization is accomplished on each AIS
- Review AIS assessment plans
- Conduct periodic assessments of the security posture of the AIS
- Ensure configuration management (CM) for security-relevant AIS software, hardware, and firmware are properly documented.
- Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored
- Ensure all AIS authorization documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
- Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
- Participate in self-inspections; identify security discrepancies and report security incidents
- Coordinate all technical security issues outside of area of expertise or responsibility with SSE
- Provide expert research and analysis in support of expanding programs and area of responsibility
- Perform file transfers between local systems to storage devices
- At least 5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Manager Level 3 within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.