Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Network Engineer to join our team in the St. Louis, MO or Springfield, VA area.
The individual selected for this position will report to the EMCSS Enterprise Management Engineering team. This position would serve as an Enterprise Management engineer responsible for coordinating with network engineers with the configuration and access of the Government Customer’s Enterprise Infrastructure of all assets relating to Enterprise Management monitoring.
Responsibilities include: Providing network engineering operations support ensuring that all transport devices across the customer network classifications can communicate with Enterprise Management infrastructure core tools. (HP Network Automation, HP Network Node Manager, CA eHealth and other COTS solutions). Provide analysis and recommendations pertaining to network optimization and enhancements in order to support integration with Enterprise Management tools.
The applicant should have a working knowledge of the Customer's network infrastructure. Hands-on experience with routers, bridges, switches, storage area networks, network security, and network management systems in a UNIX and Windows environment is required. Any experience with Amazon Web Services also desired as many of these solutions are running in the AWS environment.
• Applicant must have some experience that encompasses network management and support, integration services, and security audit and design.
• Technical experience should include network design and engineering, TCP/IP network design, routing protocols, OSI model, SNMP, RMON, routing protocols (OSPF & BGP); hands-on Cisco and Juniper switches and router configuration and troubleshooting.
• Candidate should have some experience with network management tools such as HP Network Automation, HP Network Node Manager and CA eHealth
• Required experience with IP networking
• Able to produce well-written technical documentation and occasional technical briefs.
• Work with the Transport engineers to properly relate SNMP events to alterable events
• Provide for integration of new capabilities into monitoring for the network infrastructure.
• Knowledge of IT security concepts and practices
• Experience with operating systems Linux, Solaris and Windows
• Ability to work under pressure in an operational/tactical environment
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills; be able to handle multiple tasking.
The candidate must be able to work in a matrixed organizational structure. Additionally, must be familiar with the Customer's organizational structure. Must have technical experience in order to effectively speak to technical and design issues where required. Technical experience should include network operations and sustainment
• Experience with Government Customer programs and Government Customer facilities a plus
• Security + IA Certification will be required within 6 months employment.
• Top Secret/SCI
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.