SAIC is seeking a Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager for our managed service supporting federal, state and local and commercial customers. This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide. The NOC Manager is an experienced network administrator and manager who will be a core member of the leadership team providing managed services to a variety of geographically disperse customers. The NOC Manager has overall accountability for operational oversight of the NOC; organizes, directs, and coordinates the planning and delivery of all NOC activities and allocates resources to maximize service delivery while ensuring operational efficiency. Lead the development of a commercial outcome-based NOC offering including service scope, monetization approach, cost drivers, market and business drivers.
Key job duties include:
- Oversee day-to-day activities of a virtual network operations team, which is responsible for all aspects of maintaining distributed customer networks, including preventative maintenance, fault isolation, manage connectivity, network performance and timely outage resolution
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching and mentoring to the NOC staff including supervisory and tier 1 and 2 support staff; perform personnel activities (i.e., hires, train, schedule, appraise, reward, motivate, discipline, recommend termination as necessary, etc.)
- Develop and improve processes and procedures relating to proactive and reactive network operations, ensure issue/problem resolution processes are in place to meet Service Level Agreements
- Establish objectives and direct staff activities to improve technical support practices in the areas of quality, knowledge centered support and resolution time frames
- Establish a Concept of Operations (CONOPS) that defines communications and high-level processes for NOC operations with all customers through all stages of the ITIL service lifecycle framework
- Oversees the selection, development and utilization of software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network, system and application performance
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations and provides empirical data and recommendations to improve performance
- Lead the development of periodic reports, deliverables, and other content as required related to the performance management and future planning of NOC services; monitor performance reports against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met
- Ensure trend analysis of incidents in order to prevent future incidents from happening, problem identification, recording, investigation and diagnosis is performed in accordance with NOC processes
- Provide management services including general administrative oversight, time accounting, financial tracking, cost projection, inventory management, personnel evaluation and support
- Coach and develop team members to maintain exceptional levels of service to customers; advise and mentor staff to help meet established schedules, resolve technical issues and guide career development
- Plan, organize, and lead subordinate functions within established budgetary and human resource plans; establish goals, performance standards, and operating procedures
The NOC Manager will be accountable for strategy, capabilities, long-range goals and objectives along with achievement of objectives for service performance, cost and schedule. The NOC Manager will frequently interact directly with customers, suppliers and partners during project meetings, through direct interactions, and through participation in IT governance activities.
Background / Experience
The ideal candidate will have extensive network operations management experience including NOC operations, commercial service delivery; financial management; experience translating business requirements and objectives into IT strategy; and experience with one or more frameworks and standards for best practice delivery. Experience must include familiarity with application, platforms and infrastructure layers and a focus on user experience. Experience with federal, state & local government customers is a strong plus.
Proven record of accomplishment of successfully developing and implementing enterprise-wide, value-based offerings with significant experience in commercial delivery. Demonstrated experience working toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated.
Strong expertise in enterprise network operations including hardware/software life cycle management, operational monitoring/alerting, capacity management, redundancy/high availability solutions, operational health checks, and IT automation/self-healing. Experience with one or more Cloud services including: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and integration of Software-as-a-Service offerings into enterprise solutions.
Proficient written and presentation skills for communication to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities. Experience in integrating and engaging teams and engineers from multiple organizations / companies. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience
- Must have any one of the following certifications:
- CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, CASP+CE, CCNP Security, GCED, or GCIH
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance
- Leadership experience in a NOC, networking technologies, and equipment
- Financial management expertise and experience developing outcome-based offerings
- Well organized team player and experience working with diverse distributed teams
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft 0365 applications/services/tools
- Experience with IT Service Management tools and IT infrastructure monitoring systems
One or more of the following:
- Commercial NOC financial architecture and service creation
- ITIL© (V3 Foundation, V4) certification
- PMI PMP© certification
- ServiceNOW IT Service Management System
- Understanding of DoD security and risk management practices
Target salary range: $115,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.