Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Procurement Specialist to join our team in the Lexington Park, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Support the project management team with monthly spend plan documentation deliverables
· Prepare documentation (daily, weekly and monthly) for material procurements using internal process and systems
· Proactively perform all activities involved in the management of material procurement to include tracking cost by job numbers, monitoring budget expenditures, tracking delivery dates and notifying the receiving party when materials are delivered
· Update material tracking database in a timely and accurate manner so that it can be accurately used to provide immediate material and funding status to the customer in real time
· Coordinate with material buyers and project/program personnel to ensure all required documentation is received for processing of purchase requisitions/orders to include: sole source justification as required, ACOR approval, Statements of Work, milestone payment information as applicable, and any documentation required to meet unique or special requirements
· Provide quality assurance reviews of all acquisition related documentation drafted to ensure compliance and completion in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Federal Systems Integration and Management Center (FEDSIM), Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA), and Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) requirements/policies/procedures
· Provide recommendations and programmatic advice regarding the application of acquisition law and regulations that impact the mission
· Maintain good rapport with customers to understand their specific needs to ensure correct parts and products are requested
· Maintain good rapport with various product vendors in an effort to obtain estimates on parts needed
· Assess and recommend feasibility of proposed approaches to solve logistical or procurement problems; integrate lessons learned to improve processes and procedures
· Receive and ship materials to vendors or government entities; prepare government DD Form 1149 documents as required
· Superior customer interface skills at senior levels of management with excellent oral and written communication skills are critical
· Effective communication and negotiation skills
· Proficient in Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Project, and SharePoint
· Bachelor’s degree and 3 years’ experience planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of a procurement analyst, or Associates degree and 7 years relevant experience, or High School diploma and 10 years relevant experience
Security Clearance Requirements:
Minimum eligibility for DoD Secret Clearance. Preference is current approved clearance.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
Must have the ability to travel occasionally, likely 2-3 times per year.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.