KBR is seeking a senior Enterprise Architect with demonstrated understanding of the DoD and Army landscapes and information systems business and technical requirements in support of a customer in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will understand the customer’s requirements and provide recommendations that satisfy mission requirements and DoD security requirement boundaries. The candidate shall develop creatively engineered solutions while applying high-level business and technical principles/methods to solve complex technical problems. The candidate plays a critical role in enabling new solutions and architecture and driving enterprise-level data architecture standards to support business transformation.
- Responsible for documentation and comprehension of the current and future state application and/or infrastructure architectures
- Ensures that designed or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security
- Document and define end-to-end (E2E) architecture
- Support the team as the solution is built out to enable the business outcome
- Subject matter expert in one or more categories that may include: business strategy, application architecture, data & information, integration, security, cloud computing, networking, technology, distributed platforms, mobile, and analytics
- Become a trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/Chief Architect level contacts and their teams as they look to move their business to a distributed cloud architecture
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Leads the development of the BEA and updates to the BEA Development Methodology and Architecture Planning Guide. Familiar with the Core Business Mission and Business Enterprise Priority architecture liaisons
- Leads a group of cross functional teams to solve problems and ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews enterprise architecture deliverables
- Directs and participates in high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development
- Leads/drives innovation management
Skills and Experience required
- Customer focused experience is required to work with technologists from across organization and domains to facilitate solution using new technologies
- Working on cross-function initiatives requiring collaboration among business and technology stakeholders managing customer technical due diligence and risk management
- Working knowledge and support for a variety of DevOps Tools such as: GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes, Bash Shell, Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, NodeJS, Nginx, Ansible, PowerShell, YAML, Terraform scripts, Azure ARM templates, Inspect.io, BurpSuite, SonarQube, etc.
- Knowledge of and technical expertise in current and emerging Cloud technologies, to include specialized experience and recommendations on cloud architecture and design regarding infrastructure, networks, and systems integration
- Synchronizing technology strategy across multiple agile development Teams for on-premise and Commercial/GOV Cloud architecture and design, to include DevSecOps patterns and principles
- Possesses extensive knowledge of and hands-on experience with the DoDAF, the Business Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Transition Plan, Service Oriented Architecture, and the Business Mission Area Federation Strategy and Roadmap
- Has a deep understanding of DoD business transformation and processes, DoD organizational structure, and experience in developing briefings and responses to executives within the department
- Experience with multi-tier architecture and solution development
- Knowledge of infrastructure design
- Knowledge of full stack application development supporting applications with a SQL Server back-end or other supported DB
- Overarching technical experience with Enterprise IT (ie: MS Active Directory, Server architecture, Linux desktop/server management, networking infrastructure, distributed operations for connectivity to multiple locations/campuses, ability to leverage present technical landscapes to forecasting future technical landscapes, prognosticating organizational IT based on current and emerging requirements, VOIP, application management, configuration management, cybersecurity, collaborative tools (telework), immersion in large organizations (2,500+ users), and problem solving/analytical skills)
- Bachelors degree in an IT discipline
- minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Master degree preferred
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.