Cyber Engineer - TS/SCI
Location CA - Los Angeles
Req # 5651
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring (SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Cyber Engineer/Architect with experience analyzing space and ground system architectures. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of cybersecurity integration, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO) activities. Candidate will provide system security engineering (SSE) and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) MW capability area. Candidate will support requirements development, system verification, and concepts of operations (CONOPS) development for all MW systems.
- Ensuring the cybersecurity architecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and secure with the ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover from cyber-attack
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of security solutions to design, develop and/or implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies and support full spectrum military cyberspace operations
- Overseeing system and network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements
- Providing Systems Security Engineering (SSE) support, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable cybersecurity and DCO
- Defining system security requirements, assessing system security architecture designs, and supporting the development and sustainment of an enterprise RMF accreditation package from concept development and contract pre-acquisition through contractor design, integration, and accreditation
- Supporting cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the MW enterprise by identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with demonstrated cybersecurity experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA or NRO programs with a proven delivery record. Relevant cybersecurity experience to be evaluated and considered for acceptability in lieu of technical Bachelor’s degree
- Cyber Workforce Management Program (DoDD 8140.01 & DoD 8570.01-m) Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I and/or Information Assurance System Architect and Engineer (IASAE) Level I certified
- Defensive Cyber Operations SME with experience architecting and engineering cyber defensive solutions and capabilities
- Solid understanding of cyber defensive technologies required to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attack. Technologies include vulnerability assessment, discovery, infrastructure (firewall, IPS/IDS, proxy, network capture), host-based security, penetration testing/external assessment tools, and forensics
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engineer and implement computer network defense capability
- Experience developing and releasing software products in public and/or private cloud environments such as VMWare, OpenStack, AWS/GovCloud and/or Azure
- Experience with virtualized cloud environments
- Experience working with Space Force/Air Force/DoD customers across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met
- MW Mission experience
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering or Math
- Strong familiarity with DoDI 8510.01: Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-53
- Familiarity with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and system configuration validation and verification against documented security requirements
- Familiarity with cloud-based systems, operating systems, databases, networking, firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) and host-based IDS and IPS
- Knowledge of and experience with federal security regulations, standards and processes including NIST, FIPS
- Recognized industry cybersecurity and/or OS Certifications such as CISSP, CEH, GPEN, Security +, RedHat and Windows
Security Clearance Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.