SAIC is seeking an experienced Senior SQL Database Administrator. This is a remote position that can be based nationwide. The Senior SQL DBA will enable the technical solution, development / implementation, and operational administration of on-premises and Cloud-based database solutions, including homogenous and heterogeneous database migration from on-prem to cloud. As a Database Administrator/Engineer, you will ensure successful operational outcomes are defined and executed throughout the life cycle of numerous applications, services, and teams dependent on SQL and Cloud-based database systems.
The ideal candidate can leverage Agile methods to participate in numerous teams to incorporate and enhance Operational outcomes for services and applications being implement on or migration to Azure and other cloud platforms (including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS). Leveraging classic DBA experience and Operational discipline, you will provide the necessary technical expertise to ensure performance, capacity, and uptime objectives are consistent across self-governing Application and Product Teams in various stages of Cloud and DevSecOps maturity, enabling consistent results against critical business objectives.
- Provide Database solution design, development, testing, and production deployment.
- Design, develop, build, analyze, evaluate, and install database management systems.
- Performs common database administration/maintenance tasks such as security patches, backups/restores, performance tuning, account management, audits, and monitor logs and alerts.
- Develop, implement, and optimize stored procedures/functions.
- Perform system upgrades and improvements including hardware updates, server configuration changes, monitoring database resources, I/O distribution.
- Evaluate migration tasks and apply our best practice Data Migration process to plan and execute database migrations to cloud.
- Support databases in cloud; both cloud provider managed and self-managed.
- Analyze alternative methods to select appropriate cloud/database technologies or enhancements to support high performance and highly available database infrastructure.
- Develop proof of concept to evaluate new architecture/technology for Database systems.
- Capacity planning, evaluate technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases.
- Work with IT and Product team leads and customers to ensure their business needs are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field.
- 6+ years of IT experience with 2+ years working with Cloud technology.
- 4+ years of experience designing, developing, and managing enterprise-level databases using relational databases (particularly SQL Server).
- Experience performing database analysis, architecture, and application development.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Transact-SQL (or ‘TSQL’) language.
- Must have proven experience in SQL mirroring and AlwaysOn.
- Should be able to clone databases, conduct database refreshes, backups and recovery using SSMS or equivalent technologies.
- Must understand SQL Server database architecture both on-prem and in Cloud platforms including Azure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address mission critical production database issues and perform preventative diagnostics/tuning.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with ability to operate in a lean, fast-paced organization.
- Hands-on experience working with Azure and/or AWS cloud environment.
- Considerable knowledge of different database management systems, query tools, data schemas, and distributed systems, relational databases.
- Experience with full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including analysis, design, coding, testing, and promotion into production.
- Strong experience with SQL, T-SQL etc.
- Must understand Disaster Recovery tools, concepts, and features.
- Experience with SOX control, database auditing and compliance.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Certifications in Microsoft Azure GCC Database Management (SQL, PostgreSQL, Datalake).
- Hands-on experience with Azure Data Migration Services and Concepts.
- Experience with Public and Government Cloud Migrations and Transformations.
- Knowledge of diverse structure (database) and unstructured data technologies.
- Experience with high availability distributed infrastructure.
- Technical understanding of the architecture, and services being used in Azure and AWS clouds.
- Familiarity with Pipeline-driven DB provisioning, Schema Management, or IaaC Pipelines a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience providing, maintaining, and enhancing Operational Support/Standards for DevSecOps and Data Warehousing/ETL teams.
- High level of RDBMS skills.
- Windows administration skills.
- Basic SAN architecture understanding.
- Experience with Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes and Integration Services.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.