Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Sr. System Engineer/Admin to join our team in the Hanover, Maryland location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Apply in-depth knowledge and experience with Linux (Red Hat, CenTOS) operating systems, and Window desktop
• Design, deploy and administer virtualized platforms
• Work with VMWare, Active Directory, Group policy, DHCP, shared storage and databases
• Provide software and hardware configuration management
• Provide systems design analysis and consultation
• Assess and troubleshoot system outages
• Provide Systems Security compliance (accreditation and certification)
• Create automated processes via scripting (e.g. Python, Powershell, etc.)
• Provide patch management and deployment
• Build, install and configure infrastructure related software such as DNS, McAfee EPO Servers, CENTRIFY, LDAP
• Responsible for developing applications software for small to highly complex computer systems or portions of large integrated systems and/or for providing analysis and engineering of functional aspects of software and hardware architecture and system support
• Shall have three (3) years of direct experience with an intelligence community or signals intelligence activity.
• Shall have three (3) years experience in a technical leadership role, leading projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
• Shall have twelve (12) years in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
• During those twelve (12) years, shall have significant demonstrated experience in the following: Designing complex collection systems; integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, and Windows 2000); performing tradeoff studies; System performance analysis.
• Shall have five (5) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
• Shall have five (5) years experience in the following: Solaris, Linux, and Windows utilities and techniques to diagnose and correct performance bottlenecks.
• Shall have seven (7) years experience developing, delivering, testing and supporting integrated hardware and software systems using recognized industry recognized process management; such as a CMMI Level 2 and above, or NSA Way process structure.
• Shall have a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g. Business Management, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Management, Program Management etc), or two (2) years of additional relevant experience above all experience requirements listed, in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience in implementing solutions with PKI-controlled access is desired.
• Experience in Agile methods is desired.
• A deeper understanding on how various components interact
• The ability to troubleshoot higher-level problems
• The ability to resolve complex technical issues where documentation is either lacking or non-existent
• Experience with BigFix
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Active/Current Top Secret SCI with Poly
Bending, carrying, kneeling, lifting, light work up to 20 lbs., reaching, repetitive motions, sedentary work, walking, working with data, ability to handle stress & work under pressure, ability to use MS Office, ability to use a PC, analytical or critical thinking skills, interpersonal & people skills, leadership skills, listening skills, multi-tasking ability, oral & written communication skills, organizational skills
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.