Deputy Technology Enhanced Learning Systems Manager
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide telecommunications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:
- Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.
- Operation of Service Desks.
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training.
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.
- Computer Network qualification at Level 5 or above
- Management qualification at Level 5 or above or at least five years’ training management experience, managing a minimum of 5 personnel
- Familiarity with military telecommunications would be an advantage
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of e-learning and computer-based Learning Management Systems
- Experience of implementing a blended solution to deliver education and training
- Demonstrate knowledge of the implementation of Systems Approach to Training (DSAT or international equivalent system, compliant with BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems)
- Demonstrate current knowledge of learning styles with specific awareness of modern approaches to learning using technology-enhanced solutions
- Be fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in the English Language
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Familiarity with managing within a military training establishment would be an advantage
- Have knowledge and understanding of the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia
3. Core Responsibilities and Duties
To establish, implement and maintain a TELS Management of Training System (MTS), both centrally and regionally to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the LMS and associated e-learning courseware compliant with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) and BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems. T (http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1159993&DI=611544) o deliver a programme of continuous course review and improvement for all TEL training as outlined in the Scope of Services (SofS) delivered at the central Telecommunications’ School and in the regions.
- Enhance and maintain the associated Military Customer’s plans to translate the evolving requirements of the Military Customer’s Charter of Courses into delivered courses which leverage the latest in modern interactive courseware either through technology enhanced learning development or Commercial off the Shelf (CotS) solutions
- To support the SANGTELS Manager in developing proposals from an e-learning perspective that accurately address the needs of Military Customer’s training strategy
- Support for the ongoing maintenance of the e-learning portfolio, including the LMS centrally and regionally on behalf of the Military Customer
- Support all SANGTELS staff to enable the management and delivery of e-learning in accordance with the contractual requirements and the needs of the customer
- Fully support the introduction into service of new e-learning and the ongoing evaluation of the performance of the same to constantly improve the provision of e-learning within the Military Customer’s environment
- Deputise as the Telecommunications’ School lead for all TEL-related matters, collaborating closely with Military Customer, UK Authority team, subcontractors and KBR training staff
- React to arising matters to accommodate emerging short-notice actions as directed by SANGTELS Manager
- Support the Network Infrastructure Laboratory, pre, post and during course delivery.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position and as directed by the SANGTELS Manager
- Ensure the implementation and utilisation of the Learning Management System (LMS)
continues to meet the current and future needs of the customer
- Work in collaboration with the UK Authority, Military Customer and related subcontractors, applying extensive knowledge of e-learning training policies, activities and developments as they are introduced by industry, the education sector and UK Defence
- Work with LMS subcontractor teams to resolve any technical or performance issues with the e-learning training system and courses.
- Produce the required training delivery plans and where necessary, conduct training to staff and students on the LMS, courseware and user devices.
- Convert outputs of Training Needs Analysis and functional specifications into detailed course designs and e-learning training courses as directed by the requirement
- Work with Subject Matter Experts within the Telecommunications’ School to design and develop audience-appropriate, clear, and concise training content that meets users’ needs and objectives
- Ensure e-Learning content is SCORM-compliant and can be tracked by the LMS. Where this is not the case ensure conversion to SCORM is implemented through the agreed processes
- Sign-off e-learning content produced by third parties for KBR, ensuring it meets DSAT quality standards.
- Support the production of reports for all TELS related activity in a variety of formats as directed by HoTS
- Produce reports for KBR higher management as required
- Maintain limited-access electronic records of all actions pertaining to the maintenance and ongoing service of TELS and the LMS
- Maintain all documentation iaw local Data Protection guidelines
Other duties as required by the SANGTELS Manager
- Advise on TEL training and development issues to achieve contract objectives and assist long-term planning and change management
- Contribute to the Training Quality actions within role as required by the Training Support Manager
- Provide leave and absence cover as required for SANGTELS Manager
- Advise on TEL and LMS developments to SANGTELS Manager, DHoTS, TDM, TDD and Course Designers on an ad hoc basis.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.