Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
District of Columbia
Subject Matter Expert V
Portfolio Subject Matter Expert/Manger
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this Portfolio Subject Matter Expert/Manger will be part of the KBR team currently supporting the Test Resource Management Center (TRMC) in the development of new test and evaluation capabilities. Specific portfolio areas of interest include: Nuclear, Space, Autonomy and Artificial Intelligence, Multi-Domain Integration, Directed Energy, Cybersecurity, Hypersonics, Electronic Warfare, Common Range Instrumentation, Targets/Threats Representations and Knowledge Management. The selected SMEs will lead a portfolio team of DoD professionals providing engineering, technical, administrative, and analytical support to the following three TRMC programs: 1) Test and Evaluation/Science and Technology (T&E/S&T); 2) Central Test and Evaluation Investment Program (CTEIP); and the 3) Joint Mission Environment Test Capability (JMETC). The Ideal candidates will have demonstrated portfolio experience leading support efforts on behalf of DoD in one or more areas of Systems Engineering, Test and Evaluation (T&E), Major Defense Acquisition Programs and/or Technology Transfer. The selected candidate should be adept at expanding the portfolio and enhancing Test or Training Range Capabilities and must have strong experience of successfully collaborating within high-performing teams with multiple stakeholders. Come join a team that is building the T&E range capabilities of the future!
· Demonstrated knowledge of mission and T&E for at least one of the following systems: Nuclear, Space, Autonomy and Artificial Intelligence, Multi-Domain Integration, Directed Energy, Cybersecurity, Hypersonics, Electronic Warfare, Common Range Instrumentation, Targets/Threats Representations and Knowledge Management
· Demonstrated experience and success leading complex projects and efforts in a DoD environment
· Candidate must be a high performer, with experience in test and evaluation, and instrumentation systems utilized on test and training ranges, or equivalent experience/combined education.
· Ability to communicate effectively with technical and senior leaders.
· Leadership and Team Building skills.
· Excellent computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and strong personal motivation are preferred.
· Ability to work independently and provide appropriate recommendations for optimal analysis and development.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
· Must be customer focused and a team player.
· Will be required to understand many aspects of Test and Evaluation (T&E) Technology
· This position will require travel of occasionally to support operations located at various DoD Ranges.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
· Responsible for day-to-day execution of specified portfolio performance to include, customer engagement, team performance, financial performance, and quality.
· Responsible for tracking portfolio cost, schedule and performance, as well as preparing documents (requirements, acquisition and procurement)
· Responsible for business relationships with all other stakeholders, portfolios and partners
· Will interface one on one and in meetings daily with the TRMC customer and program/project Leads.
· Will ensure an adequate quality assurance program and process are in place and adhered to for all products and services
· Will develop briefing templates and governance requirements
· Will prepare monthly cost reports and ensure such deliverables are submitted in a timely fashion and of high quality/accuracy.
· Will prepare briefing charts, scheduled meetings, kept records and record minutes, prepared after-action reports in support of technical reviews and investment reviews
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated experience with DoD Test and Evaluation and Technology Transition
· Demonstrated experience with DoD acquisition processes and execution
· Knowledge of Test and Training Ranges
· Knowledge of TRMC Programs and Projects
· Knowledge of Test and Evaluation
· Knowledge of T&E for the following systems: Nuclear, Space, Autonomy and Artificial Intelligence, Multi-Domain Integration, Directed Energy, Cybersecurity, Hypersonics, Electronic Warfare, Common Range Instrumentation, Targets/Threats Representations and Knowledge Management
· Knowledge of DoD Cybersecurity policies.
· Knowledge of a majority of the MRTFBs, agency and international ranges with a deep understanding of range capabilities, operations, leadership and customers.
· Experience working with major DoD Acquisition programs
Education and Experience:
Requires a college or university degree in Engineering. In some disciplines, advanced degree may be a requirement to reach this level. Typically requires 15 or more years of relevant experience.
· Must be a US citizen.
· Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance
· Active Secret clearance required; Active TS with SCI eligibility is a plus
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.