Senior Training Systems Administrator
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide telecommunications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:
- Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.
- Operation of Service Desks.
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training.
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.
- Recognised and accredited qualification in IT or education to minimum RQF Level 5 or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within an IT or similar environment
- Understanding of VMware line of products.
- Understanding of the security such as Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Have experience and understanding of Disaster Recovery Applications like VEEAM and Load Balancing such as F5.
- Aware of Operation Management and ITIL life cycle.
- Experience of LAN/WAN network architecture design, WiFi network design and administration
Experience and Skills:
- Experience of administering Windows 200x Servers, Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS DHCP WINS and Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
- Experience in administering network devices, including backup and recovery processes, and networking architecture principals
- Provide evidence of the preparation of concise management reports and presentations in English
- Be fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in the English Language
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Project management, ITIL design and administration, and familiarity with large scale IT
- Awareness of network security constraints and requirements
- Familiarity with working within a military training establishment would be an advantage
- Have knowledge and understanding of the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia
3. Core Responsibilities and Duties
To provide technical support services to installed systems in accordance with business requirements and system procedures including contingency and disaster recovery; as well as help maintain the SANGTELS Management of Training System (MTS) and associated e-learning courseware compliant with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) and BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems. To maintain and support training facilities in the Eastern and Western Sectors. (http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?FO=1159993&DI=611544)
- To assist in the management of supported systems, including installation and configuration, fault resolution, security management, performance and account management, maintaining appropriate records
- Ensure all activities are carried out to the agreed IT standards
- Contribute to the development of the TEL team’s services, including; planning, specifying, developing, installing, implementing, operating and managing the supported server and desktop systems, providing first- and second-line support services as necessary
- To provide support for the TEL equipment
- Assist the preparation of a staff and student induction programme
- Mentor and coach the Systems Administrator in the completion of his duties
- Support the Network Infrastructure Laboratory, pre, post and during course delivery.
- Support the local military in the distribution and accountability of End User Devices (EUDs)
- Be aware of the latest technological advances and market developments, liaising with relevant stakeholders and advise on updating and future direction of
- infrastructure and systems
- Provide advice to all stakeholders on technical standards for IT equipment, systems and software to support ongoing business needs
- Respond to Service Desk requests in support of TEL
- Manage support calls within approved Service Level Agreements assisting where necessary other TELS staff
Support the establishment and maintenance of supported hardware and software
inventories, including location, configuration and quantity
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders ensuring appropriate maintenance to systems, respond to fault calls and arrange implementation and receipt of software updates
- Conduct daily MICs for classrooms and learning platform infrastructure
- To work flexible hours to meet the requirements of the service provision
- Support interface activities between the LMS and other systems used within the Client base
- Any other duties commensurate with the position and as directed by the Manager
- Develop and manage reports to meet the requirements of appropriate stakeholders
- Provide reports to senior management within defined timescales
- Provide system statistics to support wider reporting as required
- Maintain limited-access electronic records of all actions pertaining to the ongoing service of TELOPS
- Maintain all documentation iaw local Data Protection guidelines
Other duties as required by the Deputy Manager
- Take part in appropriate projects commensurate to role producing project plans as required
- Assist in the deployment/replacement of PCs, screens, printers and other IT equipment to users at a variety of sites as required
- Advise on TELOPS development issues commensurate to role
- Provide leave and absence cover as required
- Work with LMS subcontractor teams to resolve any technical or performance issues with the e-learning training system and courses.
- Produce the required training delivery plans and where necessary, conduct training to staff and students on the LMS, courseware and user devices.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.