DIEGO GARCIA: HVAC Certified Technician
- Under the supervision of the Manager of Facilities Investment and in conjunction with the HVAC Superintendent, the position is responsible for planning the Preventive Maintenance and repair of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems to all facilities under the BOS Contract.
- Provide Technical instruction and guidance to the installation, service, and repairs of environmental-control and other electronic components, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
- Monitor all air handling and cooling units and maintain records of all faults and repairs.
- Oversee all required metal ductwork and inspect all liquid and vapor instruments to ensure efficiency of all operations.
- Monitor all processes and ensure compliance all safety regulations and identify and prepare reports for any violations and maintain efficient records for all office and state regulations within required timeframe.
- Document all project activities and maintain files for same and monitor inventory for all customer parts and perform preventative maintenance on all customer complaints.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to all business performance and maintain optimal customer services and manage all value-added processes.
- Always maintain stock inventory and ensure compliance to all standards and guidelines and inspect all systems and components and maintain safety of products.
- Maintain safe working conditions and manage all equipment’s and supplies required for HVAC crews to perform the required installation, repair and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ensures work done IAW approved plans and specs.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate policies, regulations, directives and applicable technical publications
- Make sure that all A/C installation and repair are performed satisfactorily and completed in the required time.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of Air Conditioning and Refrigerant theory.
- Must be able to read, interpret and follow engineering drawings, specification and manufacturer’s instruction.
- Must speak, read, and understand to a high level the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License from country of origin.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Must have completed a Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Servicing technical qualification
- Must be a fully certified Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Servicing Technician from country of origin
- EPA - US Environmental Protection Agency section 608 “Universal” Certification or equivalent is required.
- Must be a High School or Technical Graduate, Electrical or Engineering graduate or equivalent is required
- Shall have at least 7-10 years’ experience in maintenance and repair of Chilled Water and Direct Expansion (DX) type centralized air conditioning plant equipment utilizing ducted Variable Air Volume (VAV) and Constant Volume air distribution systems with a minimum capacity of 100 tons which should include at least 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Use of Trane and or Carrier BMS systems would be a plus
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.