Diego Garcia: Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Direct Responsible in Charge) DRC
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
(DIRECT RESPONSIBLE CHARGE – DRC)
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the success of the Wastewater Treatment group(s).
- Leads the creation of organization structure and processes required to fully execute the requirements of services and has overall responsibility for the execution of Wastewater Treatment services, quality performance, equipment operation and cost.
- Responsible for the execution and compliance of water standard testing, water sampling, maintaining logs and equipment reading(s).
- Advises management on issues, impacts, risks.
- Control, monitor, and maintain the equipment and treatment processes in wastewater (sewage) treatment plants.
- Remove or neutralize the chemicals, solid materials, and organisms in wastewater so that the water is not polluted when it is returned to the environment.
- Conducts inspection of sewage process control system, pump stations, aerators and chlorinators to assure compliance to contract requirements, environmental policies and U.S. Navy regulations.
- Monitors wastewater pH, dissolved oxygen and discharge.
- Maintain open communications regarding the treatment process and pump stations operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Responsible for the management and overall safety of the Wastewater personnel and system facilities.
- Manages the operating budget and materials/supplies procurement for the wastewater plant.
- Represent contractor in communications with Government Representatives.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have at least a valid and current Wastewater Grade II or III operator license in any states or territories of the United States.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Training in the following subjects:
- basic wastewater treatment plant design
- wastewater treatment plant operations
- basic maintenance/calibration of plant controls & equipment
- wastewater treatment principles
- wastewater sampling and analysis
- wastewater plant/systems documentation & reporting requirements.
- The wastewater operator license can be substituted with at least five (5) years’ work experience in wastewater plant operations, a bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Environmental Engineering, Chemistry or related sciences from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in wastewater plant operations.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.