SAIC is seeking a lead technology geek who would like to take their career to new heights in the legacy modernization space. Legacy modernization will include application portfolio assessment and analysis, application modernization and migration, digital transformation, infrastructure modernization, delivery of modernization solutions etc. This remote position be can worked anywhere in the US. The candidate should be familiar with IT modernization landscape, architect and build solutions for customers, engage customers with his/her presentation skills, expertise in modernization tools and technologies, adopt and implement different strategies to modernize legacy systems for every unique customers etc.
· Highly knowledgeable of legacy environments like mainframe, client server, etc.
· Familiarity with modernization strategies like Rehost, Replatform, Refactor, Rearchitect and retiring legacy applications, etc.
· 10+ years of experience in architecting and implementing solutions to modernize/migrate applications from legacy environment like mainframe (such as Unisys and IBM mainframe applications) to cloud infrastructure
· 5+ years of hands-on expertise in building solutions using cloud native services
· Good exposure and experience in Micro Services Architecture
· Expert knowledge in data environment in legacy system and migrating data to modern databases like RDBMS, NoSQL and Cloud Databases, etc.
· Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to educate the customers about the modernization solutions
· Experience in understanding an application landscape and assess the application portfolio in an enterprise
· Familiarity with tools for application knowledge discovery to augment the legacy system assessment
· Play an advisory role for the company and customer and instill confidence on the solutions being proposed to solve the problems of the customers.
· Experience in responding to Request For Proposals (RFPs)
· Experience in implementing Digital Transformation solutions at customer sites.
· Experience in product lifecycle and product development
· Work very closely with Subject Matter Experts at the customer site to help to modernize/migrate applications
· Familiarity with organizational change management
· Highly experienced in working in an Agile environment
· Deep experience in DevOps and CI/CD principles and automation
· Understand and document risks involved in legacy modernization
· Have the innovation attitude in the DNA
· Experience in leading Agile development team involved in application modernization
· Creating Whitepapers, building prototypes and engaging in proof of concepts at customer sites
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience
Minimum clearance - Public Trust. Must be able to hold a Public Trust during employment .