Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented TGS SW Field Service Analyst, Sr. Lead to join our team at Ft. Polk, LA.
Description of Work Performed:
DCGS-A Field Tactical Ground System (TGS) Service Analyst Sr. Lead will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) Sr. Lead for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations.
- Requires travel up to 50%.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Ability to move around inside an office and in the field sites or deployed location;
- Ability to operate a computer and other office machinery such as copy machine and computer printer;
- Occasionally ascend/descend a ladder and or stairs to access work areas;
- Ability to position self to maintain computer systems including under desks, in rack systems and in military tactical vehicles;
- Ability to complete repeating motions that may include wrists, hands and or fingers;
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle;
- Ability to communicate frequently with customers and coworkers with ability to exchange accurate information in these situations;
- Ability to see words and graphics on computer screens and in printed paper documents;
- Occasionally move and or carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds between offices and in deployed locations;
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security Plus)
- Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
- Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and it’s applicable database server/services.
- Install and configure Socket GXP, FM Comms, TGS, OSRVT, and JTT, systems for TGS and DCGS-A systems.
- Knowledge of TGS setup and installation
- Knowledge of JSTARS, MTI, FMV and GEOINT functions and administration of systems
- Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
- Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
- Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems
- Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
- Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
- Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
- Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
- Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
- Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
- Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
- Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
- Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
- Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
- Provides adhoc support to tenant POR server administrators.
- May be required to perform routing server management functions for servers located in the Management servers group of the Fixed Site Server Segment. Primary responsibility will be for the vCenter Server.
- May be required to Work as Tier ,I II and III Support.
- Your ability to meet all requirements and conditions to fulfill and maintain deployment status
- Your ability to travel and accept temporary assignments at other locations (CONUS and/or OCONUS)
- 5 years of experience and a bachelor's degree, Computer Science preferred.
- 9 years total experience in lieu of a degree
- IAT level II
- CompTIA Security Plus
- Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
- Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, Cygwin, etc.
- Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets.
- Experience creating and managing virtual machines
- Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
- Experience working in a fast past multi-faceted environment preferred.
- Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
- Experience integrating with Symantec NetBackup solutions desired.
- Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.
Clearance Required: Must have TS-SCI
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.