SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Engineer to join our team in Nevada!
As a member of the team you will be providing design, development, and authorization support to build an enterprise solution functions as a multilevel security (MLS) datacenter, test bed, and DevSecOps platform. You will be on the forefront of new technologies and concepts, and SAIC will design, build, test, operate and maintain this environment to support mission-specific applications in a MLS enterprise solution.
- Setup a virtualized laboratory and development environment based on defined requirements and best practices
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Automates configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, and updates).
- Test developed system for connectivity, access, and throughput.
- Assist with projects involving server, network, and cloud infrastructure support
- Develop testing plans to validate functionality of the environment.
- Operate and maintain the system environment.
- Help develop an application workflow to transfer approved MLS-aware applications into a production environment.
- Support DevSecOps practices (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of project requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; other work experience and certifications considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Experience with virtualization and virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI)
- At least 3 years of experience with virtualization platforms
- Experience working with cable infrastructure
- Experience troubleshooting, integrating, and/or supporting multiple computing systems, including Linux platforms, Windows platforms, VMWare, Virtual Machines, etc.
- Experience with Linux servers and Windows Servers in a virtualized environment
- Experience working with thick, thin, and zero client deployments
- Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
- Experience with Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Experience with Hyperconverged infrastructure
- One or more active certifications in the following:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.