Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Systems Engineer to join our team for Remote work that allows 100% Telecommuting and working from home anywhere in the United States!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Candidate shall demonstrate Scrum Master experience, particularly in the following areas:
• Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership and helping team members embrace Agile values, adopting and applying Agile Principles, and implementing Agile practices.
• Promote Agile quality practices so the team can meet its goals. Identify and work to mitigate impediments.
• Lead and/or support product roadmap development.
• Facilitate all team meetings, including (but not limited to) the daily stand-up, Iteration Planning, Team Demo, and Iteration Retrospective.
• Guide the team in estimating the team’s work.
• Keep the team focused on daily and iteration goals to include achieving results, quality, flow and velocity.
• Ensure team follows standards developed for code development, automated testing and build procedures.
• Ensure team follows standards for code version control, quality and documentation.
• Calculate team metrics, and help the team use the metrics to guide improvements.
• Facilitate the team’s retrospective process/events and lead the team’s improvement efforts.
• Help maintain the team’s work items in the appropriate tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
• Coordinate with other Agile teams, such as participation in the Scrum of Scrums meeting. Liaison work with other Teams as necessary to gain or provide support.
• Support the Product Owner in the communication of priorities and scope, develop roadmaps; and execution of the Iteration Review and system demo.
Knowledge, skills and abilities in SAFe Agile processes and methods.
Expertise in leading an Agile development team accordingly as a Scrum master.
Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent. Requires Seven or more years of related experience.
Leading an Agile development team that has experience with automating application deployments, scaling and management.
Supporting Program Increment Planning and Inspect and Adapt (per Scaled Agile Framework) is preferred, but not required.
Leading an Agile development team that has implemented micro service architectures for web and application services using virtual instances, load balancing, automated surge capability, and integrated performance monitoring is preferred, but not required.
Experience in managing teams for Federal information systems development is preferred, but not required.
One (1) of the following Agile certifications is preferred:
o Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification from Scaled Agile, Inc.
o Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional from Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org
o Agile Certified Professional from Project Management Institute
Security Clearance Requirements:
Must be a US citizen with an active Top Secret clearance is required.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.