Green Ammonia Technology Manager
When you become part of the KBR Technology team, your opportunities are endless. We are a leading global engineering, construction, and services company. KBR Technology specializes in developing and licensing energy-efficient and cost-effective process technologies that provide economic and technical advantages to global energy, chemical and fertilizer companies. With thousands of successful projects worldwide, KBR Technology offers a breadth of technology licenses and process equipment for Ammonia, Syngas and Fertilizers, Refining, and Petrochemicals. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us because We Deliver.
The Green Ammonia Technology Manager will support all phases of the Green Ammonia product line including R&D, manufacturing, business development and customer support. Responsibilities will include:
- Under broad direction, interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments
- Applies advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for the Green Ammonia product line which includes hydrogen generation from electrolysis, nitrogen generation from air separation, hydrogen and/or nitrogen storage, ammonia synthesis, ammonia storage and potentially ammonia dissociation.
- Lead technology sessions, presenting papers, building customer and partner relationships, and developing new/existing sales leads
- Develops and maintains relationships with key client decision makers and executives
- Supports global marketing events as a spokesperson for the business line
- Coordination of cross-functional teams
- Maintains awareness and evaluates the state of the global Green Ammonia market, advising on business line strategy and technology development
- Provide support to the evaluation and execution of alliances and acquisitions of relevant technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSc or MSc in Engineering, Physics or equivalent
- Solid current experience in electrolysis
- Possesses ability to evaluate the various technologies for electrolysis from a technical and commercial perspective in view of their application within KBR offerings as well as possible alliance & acquisition
- Ability to work in cross-functional and multi-cultural environments
- Must have the ability to clearly convey technical concepts and principles in both verbal and written communications to clients, peers, and KBR management
- BSc or MSc in Electrochemical / Chemical Engineering or equivalent. MBA is desirable.
- Experience in renewable energy, in particular its generation and storage in a chemical form to cope with its intermittency nature
- Experience with business development is strongly desired
- Operational experience in electrolysis and/or renewable energy is a plus
- Must be willing and available for 25-50% domestic and international travel
- Although this role is advertised as UK based we are willing to consider other global locations for the right person
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.