FM Technical Engineering Manager (FM Services)
- An industry recognised electrical or mechanical engineering qualification within the built environment (HNC, HND or equivalent vocational qualification)
- Health and Safety training i.e. IOSH Managing Safely, CITB SMSTS or CSCS or equivalent
- Hold, have held or eligible to apply for security clearance
- Technical qualification within the Building Service Industry and/or Facilities Management
- Membership of relevant FM related organisation (IWFM, RICS, IAM etc.)
- NEBOSH qualification
Experience and Skills
This key role will be a self-starter with experience in managing and maintaining soft services within commercial or governmental asset portfolios. The ideal candidate will have experience in planning programmes of work for FM Technical services with a good knowledge of FM best practices, as well as experience of managing and working with diverse supply chains. This role would be best suited to an individual who has excellent leadership and communication skills, and who can work strategically and operationally both independently and collaboratively.
This is a desk-based role and the successful applicant will not be ‘on the tools’.
- Ability to use data sets to create reports, identify business trends and implement improvements
- Client facing skills, with confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Having the ‘We deliver’ attitude and going the extra mile to meet the customers’ requirements
- Experience of managing planned preventative maintenance for FM Technical services within commercial or government asset portfolios
- Experience of managing and working with a diverse supply chain
- Experience in planning programmes of work for maintenance in accordance with the client’s requirements and identifying gaps in the maintenance strategy
- Detailed knowledge of managing outages effectively
- Detailed knowledge of managing safe systems of work and permits
- Proven track record in the CAFM and Asset management systems including Concept Evolution etc
- Experience of managing Health, Safety and Environment management systems
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of Statutory Legislation (PSSR, LEV, 18th Edition, LOLER, Gas safety regulations, Asbestos regulations etc.) with the capability to document verify in relation to said legislation
- Experience of attending project pre-starts/handovers in a client capacity as part of a soft landings approach
- Experience of ensuring best value and cost avoidance is achieved where possible
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Experience of KPI measurements of a diverse supply chain
- Experience of providing information as part of Technical Audits
- Knowledge of BIM
- Knowledge of various maintenance techniques i.e. predicative maintenance and Business Focused Maintenance
- Knowledge of IoT
The client is based within the Greater London Area with approximately four hundred sites of varying complexity. The FM Technical Services Manager will be accountable for ensuring that a diverse supply chain delivers all Planned Maintenance, Statutory Inspections and Planned/Statutory Remedial Works safely and effectively as per the Supplier’s service specification. As well as in accordance with statutory/legislative requirements, industry standards and best practice to these sites. This role will report directly into the Senior Technical Services and Asset Manager and will have line management responsibility for the Asset Manager, Snr PPM Co-ordinator, and the PPM Administrator.
- Reviewing Supplier’s planned maintenance programmes to ensure that they are compliant with the contract and providing feedback where gaps are identified
- Ensure that all work carried out by the Suppliers is performed as per the client’s maintenance
strategy and in accordance with all legislative/statutory requirements. The FM Technical Services Manager is to ensure that the Suppliers work is of a high standard and ensures the best value for money
- To ensure that all Statutory Inspection documentation is document verified as defined by the requirements of the contract and any failures are highlighted and rectified by the Supplier.
- Provide focused and user-friendly management reports to stakeholders on the progress of the Supplier’s maintenance deliverables, this is to include highlighting areas of non-compliance and identifying trends.
- Attending project pre-starts, progress and handover meetings in a client capacity throughout the Greater London area and ensuring that the client’s soft landings approach is achieved with regards to Asset change, warranty information and checking of documentation/certification (including Operation and Maintenance manuals). As part of this requirement the FM Technical Services Manager will be accountable for ensuring all areas of concern are documented and highlighted.
- Owning and regularly updating the Planned Works Order manual.
- Updating the Asset register and planned maintenance requirements following completion of project handovers and ensuring Service Change Requests (SCR) are raised as and when required.
- Ensuring effective management of all planned preventative maintenance activity within the defined areas including tracking the suppliers statutory, legal, planned, and remedial maintenance tasks to completion.
- Assessing the performance of all estate assets, with regards to the maintenance strategy, and ensuring optimum performance is achieved at the lowest operating cost whilst maintaining the operational integrity and life of the assets.
- Providing technical advice to other integrator functions, including advice on urgent reactive jobs, cost enquiries and complex building service solutions.
- Being a stakeholder in client shutdowns and liaising with other stakeholders and suppliers to ensure that all planned work is completed within the required timeframes.
- Reviewing and assessing the latest technology to assist the maintenance and investment strategy
- Reviewing the Supply Chain’s Key Performance Indicators and providing feedback on mitigation and judgement on whether they have met the required client standard.
- Review the Supply Chain’s soft services planned programmes to ensure that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Review the Supply Chain’s completion data and provide feedback on KPI completion.
- Constantly monitor and present report on progress of soft FM deliverables to all stakeholders
- Maintain the soft FM technical library on the MIS (Management Information System) database
- Assisting the Head of FM Technical Services and Asset Management with on-site interface with the client’s representatives.
- Assisting with the tendering process for new suppliers; including reviewing and providing feedback with regards to contractual documents (Specification of Requirements, maintenance requirements etc.) and providing feedback on ITT (Invitation to Tender) and PQQ (Prequalifying Questionnaires) documents.
- Assisting with the mobilisation and exit of Suppliers
- Chairing and present at meetings as and when required
- Ensure compliance with KBR’s management policies and the business code of conduct as well as HSE procedures.
- Oversee the development of staff to enhance the performance and capability of the Integrator
- Deputise for the Head of FM Technical Services and Asset Management as and when required
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY AT KBR
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture. These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of teams philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer.
We Deliver — Together .
KBR EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. What are gendered and gender-coded language
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.