SAIC is seeking a PR Manager to manage the company’s PR/media/social media strategies to promote SAIC’s market success, its unique strengths and capabilities as a leading provider of digital transformation solutions to government, and its commitment to its workforce and communities. This position will be based in Reston, VA with the opportunity to work partially remote. We are looking for an energetic, self-starting individual with a collaborative mindset and an ability to work on multiple activities in a dynamic business environment. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience as a PR professional working for technology companies, excellent writing and communication skills, a proven ability to work with tech trade and government- and business-focused media, and an ability to work with company managers and executives on content for thought leadership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Help in developing and executing SAIC’s external communications strategy, including activities related to media relations, editorial/thought leadership, social media, spokesperson development and reputation management.
· Working with company leaders on an awards and recognition program.
· Developing and writing press releases, media alerts, media pitches related to contract awards, spokesperson talking points, success stories, case studies, new product/solution offerings, and corporate news.
· Maintaining ongoing contact with key media influencers to encourage interest in publication of company news and positioning company leaders as commentators on salient industry trends.
· Working as a partner to the PR director on strategic initiatives, including crisis communications and rapid response “newsjacking” opportunities.
· Supporting social media outreach by developing messaging and posts for sharing on SAIC’s social channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
· BA/BS or equivalent industry experience
· At least five years of experience in PR preferred, including direct experience working a variety of media (print, digital, broadcast)
· Enterprise or government technology communications experience and a basic knowledge of fundamentals of information technology
· Expert capabilities in spoken and written communications, including top-notch writing skills
· Demonstrated ability to work with reporters, editors and other media representatives
· Ability work flexibly and collaboratively with multiple teams, including supporting high-level executives during media interactions