Signal Core training Centre Coordinator. Dammam
Project Job Title: Signal Corps Training Centre Coordinator (SCTCC)
KBR has been awarded a support contract by the UK Ministry of Defence (UK MOD). Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide telecommunications network support and deliver training services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a significant project that expands our portfolio of work with the UK MOD and in the Middle East.
Under the contract, KBR is seeking to recruit staff to deliver:
- Support in delivering IP Telephony, host applications such as Network Management System, Cable Management Systems and incident management software.
- Operation of Service Desks.
- Support to maintain operational capability of Fixed & Deployable equipment/capabilities.
- Design & deliver a new Management Information System
- Technical & English Language Training.
- Built Estate maintenance and upkeep.
2. Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Training & Development or Education qualification at Level 5 or above.
- At least three years’ experience working in a training environment
- Familiarity with military telecommunications would be an advantage
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the implementation of Systems Approach to Training (DSAT or international equivalent system, compliant with BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems)
- Provide evidence of the preparation of concise reports and presentations in English
- Skilled in the use of MS Office software Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in the English Language
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Be able to communicate in the Arabic Language
- Familiarity with coordinating within a military training establishment
- Have knowledge and understanding of the cultural aspects of life in Saudi Arabia
3. Core Responsibilities and Duties
To establish, implement and maintain a Regional Management of Training System (MTS) to continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the regional training delivery, compliant with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) and BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems.
- Liaise with local stakeholders to establish the regional training requirement
- Oversee the development of regional training and advise DHoTS on the incorporation of regional training requirements into the central ATS
- Submit regional training amendments in a timely manner
- Act as regional DSAT and Training Quality authority for KBR within the SCTC
- Advise on regional training issues which contribute to achieving transformation objectives and assist long-term planning and change management.
- Develop the strategic approach to regional training within the SCTC in conjunction with the DHoTS and Authority
- Implement a programme of continuous course review and improvement compliant with the DSAT QMS
- Gather and analyse training data in order to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that training schedules match the regional Programmes of Instruction (POI)
- Oversee the regional ability to develop training delivery by alternative means, such as TEL, CBT, Distance Learning, VLEs, Individual Learning Contracts, Coaching and Mentoring
- Ensure staff procedures are carried out in accordance with Company directives
- Coordinate delivery and ensure a professional standard of both English teaching and technical instruction consistent with an internationally recognised technical/language training institute.
- Ensure that all materials used are culturally appropriate and relevant to lessons delivered
- Provide advice to the Course Designers as required on an ad hoc basis.
- Liaise with other departments as directed by the DHoTS.
- Provide teaching cover as required, within own qualifications.
- Ensure administration is organised in a timely manner for visiting teaching/instructional staff (passes, accommodation, transport and induction).
- React to arising matters to accommodate emerging short-notice actions as directed by DHoTS
- Any other duties commensurate with the position and as directed by the DHoTS
- Coordinate the escalation of reported FM issues, encompassing, cooling, lighting, electrical and building defects and other related issues, related to the Main Training Building
- Liaise with RCC and O&M Regional Coordinator to ensure all PMC activities are conducted in accordance with the PPM schedules
- Escalate any facility faults beyond immediate rectification to RCC for closure
- Assist SANGTELS staff in supporting systems, including configuration, fault resolution, security management, performance and account management, maintaining appropriate records
- Ensure all activities are carried out to the agreed IT standards
- Conduct appropriate escalation activities if unable to resolve technical issues
- Support End User Systems by providing first- and second-line support services as necessary
- Support SANGTELS infrastructure, including servers, WAP, digital signage and printers, providing first- and second-line support services as necessary
- Support the local military in the distribution and accountability of End User Devices (EUDs)
- Deliver regional reporting for all training and OJT activity delivery in a variety of formats as directed (OJT and ATS), by consolidating the RTC returns
- Deliver the regional results of analysis and evaluation as directed with supporting information about best practices, based on the ATS and OJT activities
- Deliver regional statistical reports on performance and compliance with any need for improvement to facilitate the contractual requirements of the Scope of Services (SofS)
- Ensure regional department procedures are carried out in accordance with Company directives
- To monitor and maintain regional training activity skills records and trained local Military Customer manpower registers
- Maintain an efficient prioritised electronic filing system
- General office administration duties
- Maintain all documentation IAW local data protection guidelines
- Ensure all procedures for visiting staff are carried out in accordance with Company directives
Other duties as required by the DHoTS
- Provide assistance in the invigilation of regional tests as required
- Provide assistance in the marking of regional tests as required
- Provide assistance with regional internal validation and external validation as directed
- Provide leave and absences cover for the RTC.
Level of Contact / Communications with others (internally/externally/meetings)
Liaise with SofS contract stakeholders as directed
- KBR Telecommunications School departments (High)
- KBR regional staff (High)
- Central Training School (High)
- Liaison with regional Authority staff (High)
- Liaison with the regional Military Customers (High)
- Liaison with the regional Military Customer’s S3s (High)
- Regional meetings as directed (High)
- Central meetings as directed (Medium)
Competences / Standards (Specific Responsibilities)
- Develop and maintain communication with people on complex matters, issues and ideas and/or in complex situations
- Work in partnership with others to develop, take forward and evaluate direction, policies and strategies
- Develop a culture that improves quality
Health & Safety
- Maintain and develop an environment and culture that improves health, safety and security
Personal & People Development
- Develop oneself and others in areas of practice
Equality & Diversity
- Develop a culture that promotes equality and values diversity
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.