This position is in support of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) ITI Program across the United States. The Operational & Maintenance (O&M) Support Manager is responsible for managing the Help Desk subtask on the contract. The O&M Help Desk Support Manager reports to the Operations Manager, and plans, coordinates, and manages all the actions taken by the O&M Help Desk Service Desk Agents to execute all of the support work as defined in the PWS.
The O&M Help Desk services include break-fix support of License Plater Readers, sensors, strobes, signage, etc., located at ports of entry into the United States.
The O&M Help Desk Support Manager determines how to use team resources to meet incident management schedules, goals and service levels, and provides guidance to and leads and motivates the team of 26 Service Desk Agents, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Data Analyst, and Business Analyst to meet SLAs and provide excellent customer service. Focuses on process improvement by recommending improvements to support O&M dashboard tools, processes and systems.
The O&M Help Desk Support Manager will collaborate with all service areas to ensure quality control and management standards are met.
· Manage Service Desk Agents and Dispatch processes in support of all CBP and Border Patrol sites.
· Lead and provide daily oversight to experienced help desk support personnel to support Director, Division Chiefs, Branch Chiefs, and Port Directors.
· Develop, document, and maintain help desk support procedures. Procedures must meet agency requirements, conform to ITIL, and adhere to Government ITI policies.
· Coordinate with the service desk and all other necessary Contractors, third party, and CBP support organizations to manage all onsite technical support requests to resolution and closure.
· Ensure service desk agents coordinate with site personnel to schedule onsite technical support visits in response to an escalated incident or service request in accordance with SLAs.
· Update inventory and configuration management records daily to reflect completed service requests
· Coordinate Tier 3 personnel response to escalated tickets.
· Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve incidents for all deployed equipment including, but not limited to, removing and/or repairing physically broken or inoperable devices.
· Maintain a level of onsite technical support and provide for knowledge sharing to ensure familiarity with the environment, ticket management, communication, and accountability.
· Develop and maintain ITI support knowledge base
· Bachelor's degree with 5+ years recent related experience. May accept a high school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
· Must have at least 4 years of direct Help Desk experience
· Experience with Service Now
· Experience with SLAs
· Excellent leadership, management, and communication skills
· Experience managing a remote team
· Must have at least 2+ years of leadership experience