Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Network Capacity Engineer at our Kingstown VA office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop models to predict and anticipate demands for capacity and performance and use these models to design, enhance, and update infrastructure
- Work with our monitoring solutions to achieve expected performance in IT services, FlexPod, HyperFlex, Hyper-V, and the interconnectivity between cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Create, implement, and maintain comprehensive views into current and new tools to increase visibility through a combination of tool integrations and notification environments, proactively responding to issues with the infrastructure to save time, cost, and resource allocation and utilization
- Monitor system health, perform routine trend analysis, and determine production capacity needed by the organization to meet changing infrastructure demands, forecast trends and develop proactive solutions.
- Deliver data-driven solutions by analyzing trends found within the current system to determine the best path forward for optimization and capacity needs for network, cloud, hybrid, and on-premises environments (e.g., Flexpod and Cisco HyperFlex).
- Optimize infrastructure performance through up-time and resource utilization focused on forecasting trends and delivering proactive solutions.
- Performance and capacity planning for all solutions during Architecture and Engineering phase, prior to implementation.
- Analysis of end to end performance impacts and costs associated both monetarily and operationally.
- Capacity analysis, bandwidth studies, and risk-analysis reports should be delivered prior to the delivery of any engineering solution, so as to not negatively impact the enterprise LAN/WAN and Cloud Interconnects.
- Achieve maximum network performance for the enterprise users on both wired and wireless, as well as for remote teleworkers.
- Produce repeatable reports that evaluate capacity and identify areas where improvements can be implemented.
- Analyze specifications and capacity and undertake appropriate calculations to estimate resource requirements, in terms of labor, tools and materials.
- Create capacity plans that meet Government defined business targets and optimize efficiency and costs.
- Evaluate solution requirements and deliver minimum and maximum performance metrics to set thresholds; forecast when under or over conditions exist; provide mitigation/corrective action strategy.
- Identify and document potential pitfalls, issues, challenges, and potential resolution strategies.
- Provide continuous review of software and hardware solutions so that the organization can better anticipate customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field preferred. 2-5 years of experience.
- Experience supporting Information Technology (IT) projects
- Experience with MS Office Suite, JIRA and Confluence
- Familiarity with ITIL, DevSecOps and Agile concepts
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
- Must have strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
- Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
- The candidate must be capable of supporting the following tools, or similar tools:
- Riverbed Steelhead family suite
- Steel Central Controller
- Steel Central Mobile Controller
- Steel Central ARX
- Not limited to.
- App Doctor
- New Relic
- Azure Log analytics
- NetApp On-Command Insight.
- Dell OME
- Cisco UCS Manager
- APC StructureWare
- Familiar with tools including: ServiceNow, GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with ITIL, DevSecOps and Agile concepts
- Experience supporting Government contracts
Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain DHS EOD suitability
- Current DHS EOD highly preferred
- Office work, typically sedentary with some movement around the office.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.