Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Research Scientist to join our team in Laurel, Maryland.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Level 2 Research Scientist evaluates and provides expert advice on the application of scientific principles and concepts. Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories, staying abreast of the scientific literature and conferences. The Research Scientist shall possess the following capabilities:
• Plans laboratory research.
• Designs, develops, and executes scientific studies.
• Conducts feasibility studies.
• Applies scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 7+ years prior to landing on a product roadmap.
• May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research.
• May participate in development of intellectual property.
• Specific to this position:
o Work hands-on in the laboratory at LPS to prepare integrated circuit samples for complex imaging methods.
o Must have a technical degree, minimum bachelor’s.
o Travel may be required.
Requires a Bachelor's degree plus 9+ years of experience or a Master's degree plus 6+ years of experience or a Ph.D Degree plus 4+ years of experience.
Experience in any of the following: integrated circuits, lapping and polishing, depackaging, wet chemistry, high-precision milling tools, spin-on resists, worked in a clean room, worked with tools under vacuum, electron beam lithography (Elionix or Raith preferred), metal deposition tools.
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Can start in uncleared, but clearable status; move to TS/SCI w/ FSP
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
• Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
• The person in this position frequently communicates with employees, co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.