Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Server Deployment Engineer at our South Burlington, VT office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide computer and storage deployment services across multiple sites while working with multiple vendors.
- Follow established processes to deploy system infrastructure and commodities related to items such as physical servers, consolidated infrastructure, hyper/converged services, virtual storage platforms, wireless, and mobile network kits containing multi-disciplined technologies.
- Support issues including Veeam and Netbackup, or similar tools, to maintain a cross-platform enterprise-level backup and recovery process.
- Follow USCIS standards for joining systems to domains and appropriate groups using tools such as MS Management Console and PowerShell.
- Use New Relic, Stealthwatch, UCS Manager, OnCommand, SCOM, and Splunk to identify issues; and SCVMM, vCenter Management Console and Failover Cluster Manager, and Veeam Backup & Replication Console to identify, diagnose, and resolve complex problems.
- Work with enterprise operations, field server support, and the Server Deployment Team to support the virtualization environment from design to implementation, and through its lifecycle. Monitor the virtualized platform using SCVMM,
- Failover Cluster Manager (Hyper-V), and vCenter (VMware), and by using monitoring tools such as New Relic and SCOM. Use System Center Operations Manager, New Relic, Splunk, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, and VMW tools to troubleshoot virtual machine issues, including performance issues.
- Create templates and automation scripts using Systems Center Virtual Machine Manager, vSphere, PowerShell, and PowerCLI to improve the efficiency of VM deployments.
- Manage all GPOs in the environment using the AGPM tool track, edit, and deploy polices that include user and computer-based settings, and maintain security compliance by employing DHS STIGs.
- Support the installation of Hyper-V/VMware and operating systems using SCVMM.
- Use Windows Server update Services, SCCM, OpenManager, and StruxureWare for patching and updating releases, firmware, and BIOS to meet compliance requirements.
- Use SCCM to provide secondary software packages, including security services, database services, HTTPS, operating systems, predefined packages, and group policy objects.
- Support the customer's future vision such as server/serverless, container services, storage and platform and provide budgetary information.
- Use tools such as SCOM, Splunk, and OCUM to monitor application stability, security, performance, and capacity. Document design changes to the environment in Runbooks and submit it to the Operations Teams for ongoing support.
- Use NetApp, OnCommand, Cisco Unified Computing System, Microsoft System Center Suite, and New Relic to provide capacity planning and resource utilization information.
- Coordinate the deployment and expansion of client server technologies, such as Flexpod, and monitor, refine, and research solutions to existing problems.
- Manage relationships with manufacturers’ technical support teams to perform technical analyses, trouble resolution, design reviews, reporting, and user training.
- Develop a roadmap to support future strategy and business mission. assist in planning for the future strategy of network and provide budgetary information as needed.
- Use Agile tools such as JIRA, Confluence and MS Teams to provide transparency and allow information to be visible in real time and to create a unified backlog ensuring visibility into all areas of work and identifying inter-dependencies between teams.
- Work with the network performance team and provide recommendations on changes required in the environment, on the network, or to any device/service within the infrastructure; and upon government approval, execute the change.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field preferred. 3-5 years of experience.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
- Must have strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
- Experience with major cloud providers preferred.
- Possess superior technical aptitude and effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Familiarity with all or some tools strongly preferred:
- Cisco Flexpod
- Hyper Converge Infrastructure (HCI)
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager
- MS System Center Suite
- Netapp OnCommand
- Netapp OnCommand Insight
- Netapp OnCommand Manager
- Unified computing technologies HCI
- VMWare ESXi
- New Relic
- UCS Manager
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- MCSE, ITIL v4
- Familiar with tools including: ServiceNow, GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Experience with ITIL, DevSecOps and Agile concepts
- Experience supporting Government contracts
Security Clearance Requirements:
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain DHS EOD suitability
- Current DHS EOD highly preferred
- Office work, typically sedentary with some movement around the office.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.