KBR, Inc. in support of the Volpe Center seeks a Business Analyst that demonstrates experience in the analysis of user needs and the development of functional and non-functional requirements for web-based applications for the US Department of Transportation (DOT)
Essential Job function
- Investigate and define the problem and the information to be processed, proposes system alternative solutions, and develops system requirements.
- Provide expertise in data and business process research and analysis, in conducting research/evaluations/studies as required, and in analyzing the results of the process to develop recommendations/solutions for transportation systems.
- Elicitation of business needs and requirements using a range of techniques, including user stories, storyboards, use cases, and process modeling; analyze and document client's complex business requirements and processes; communicate these requirements to appropriate parties.
- Work closely with software engineers and others to coordinate the analysis, design, and implementation of information systems to meet user needs.
- Provide technical direction for software development tasks, including reviewing work products for correctness and adherence to the design concept and to user standards.
- Has knowledge of and is able to apply Federal standards and other guidelines related to the development of secure systems and Section 508 compliant systems.
- Performs preparation, production, and configuration management of formal IT documentation, on-line help systems, and web-based documents.
- Provide expertise in the design, development, format, and preparation of a wide variety of IT documentation, including user guides, documentation guidelines, and IT documents.
- Writes User acceptance test cases and facilitates the test event(s) with the customers to gain approvals on the features developed.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information systems, or related field preferred 5+ years of related experience
- Understanding of customer mission, strategic goals
- Experience working with business processes and re-engineering
- Experience working with various functional groups within an organization
- Experience with structured analysis techniques; analysis and design of transportation system applications for various architectures (simple to complex); system application prototyping; operating systems and hardware interfaces; database structures, location, and data elements; and/or system benchmarking and performance evaluation.
- 3+ years of experience working directly with project sponsors and end users.
- Good communicator and adept at presenting and conducting design sessions with focus groups/audiences of 10-20 people.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with stakeholders: sponsors, customers, end users, and trainers, as well as project technical staff.
- Superior writing skills
- Familiar with Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as Zachman, Federal Enterprise Architecture, FSAM, etc.
- Seasoned project management professional, with experience managing both plan driven and change driven project methods.
- Experience with the full suite of MS Office tools, including Microsoft Visio
- Experience with development support tools, such as MS Project, Team Foundation Server, Jira, and SharePoint
- Experience using one or more of the following prototyping tools: Axure RP, Microsoft Paint, Microsoft Visio, etc.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.