MOTOR TRANSPORT QUALITY INSPECTOR
- Serves as Internal Quality representative for the Motor Transport Section.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing data to make decisions that improve Marine Corps Motor Transport equipment readiness, maintenance quality, performance, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Conducts detailed technical inspections on HMMWV, MTVR, LVSR and MRAP FOVs.
- Interprets and communicates technical manual requirements to workforce and management.
- Analyzes and displays Global Combat Support Systems Marine Corps, and MDSS II data to ensure that equipment is ready for delivery to the customer.
- Six years of directly related work experience in USMC or Army Quality Control and/or Maintenance (USMC MOS 3510, 3529, 3521, USA MOS 91X, 91B).
- Working knowledge of MCO 4790.2, MCO P4400.150, GCSS-MC, MPR, and other GCSS-MC reports, or Army equivalents.
- In-depth understanding of Marine Corps or Army policies, regulations, and orders.
- Analytical ability combined with knowledge and application of quality assurance principles and techniques.
- Familiar with Six Sigma or other process improvement methods.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of maintenance management functional areas.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of DoD publications and associated resources to include Marine Corps Publication Distribution System (MCPDS).
- Ability to use standard commercial word processing, database, spreadsheet, and statistical software applications.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Lean / Six Sigma Yellow Belt Trained
- ISO familiarization
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Familiarity with 5-S
- Competencies / Key Success Factors:
- Technical Expertise
- Leadership Skills
- Analysis/Problem Assessment
- Computer skills, Proficiency with, Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point
- Monitors and update the Quality Management Data Base (IQS/HQMS).
- Ensures that all customer generated quality complaints are answered properly and in a timely manner.
- Interprets the Statement of Work and how it applies to the Motor Transport section.
- Serves as liaison to government Quality Assurance Equipment Specialists, facilitates and maintains an excellent working relationship with all government counterparts.
- Monitors the activities of all personnel engaged in the Motor Transport maintenance process, to improve quality and customer satisfaction.
- Uses and interprets quality data and reports to identify maintenance status, trends and process deficiencies.
- Provides quality presentations and metrics to brief senior leadership and make recommendations on ways to improve quality and reduce non-conformances.
- Coordinates with management to brief and train employees on the techniques and tools to identify, analyze, and lead efforts to solve problems and to provide improved customer satisfaction.
- Conducts training on quality trends and ways to improve quality.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements. Establish and lead teams to work process improvement initiatives. Document team progress.
- Collects, monitors, displays, interprets, and communicates process metrics to senior management team.
- Achieve quality performance and productivity goals.
- Provides coordination with other groups to accomplish tasks outside normal areas of responsibility.
- Develops and implements new maintenance processes/procedures as needed and makes recommendations to improve ISO documents.
- Attends all quality related meetings and technical presentations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.