Piping Commissioning Specialist
- The Commissioning Specialist - Pipe is responsible for supervising operations within the piping testing discipline.
- Ensures assigned commissioning operations and contractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules.
- Strong technical knowledge of pipe hydrotesting and pneumatic pipe testing processes and work steps, including disassembly and re-instatement of pipe systems.
- Experienced with torque and tensioning methods of bolted flange connections.
- Excellent problem-solving ability along with experience of safety/quality protocols.
- Liaises with commissioning team in planning and assembling of pipe packages using the proper commissioning methods and procedures. Coordinates and resolves engineering or commissioning problems with coordinators as required ensuring the work packages are clearly understandable.
- Establishes procedures on testing of piping systems.
- Responsible for the development of mechanical completion walk-down packages, commissioning packages, and responsible for verifying and witnessing acceptance of sub-system/system.
- Performs inspections of all piping work in progress on a continual basis, witnesses cleaning methods, completes final P&ID check prior to turnover.
- Develops punch lists and monitors completion of punch items.
- Assists in securing the necessary client acceptance documentation for record.
- Prepares and has full responsibility for managing piping QC records to ensure that they are fully completed and properly submitted in a timely manner to Document Control.
- Inspect site for unsafe conditions and practices and take appropriate corrective action to correct breaches.
- Coordinate safety training and enforce safe work practices at all times in conjunction with the Environmental Safety and Health Supervisor.
- Ensure that construction and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for supervising and directing craft supervisor capacity within the piping discipline.
- Ensure the most current design document specifying pipe hangers and inline components is provided for commissioning to complete work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Monitor the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Manage the four-week look ahead schedule for walk-down compliance.
- Coordinate established area operational plans.
- Validate quantity tracking application and weekly reports of installed quantities.
- Assist in performing commissioning testing of piping systems as required.
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of commissioning progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecasts.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 10-15 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Knowledge of commissioning technologies.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and Environment, (HSE). Demonstrable commitment to a Zero Accident safety program.
- Extensive experience in piping commissioning on large projects.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a commissioning site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.).
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.