Sr. Material Specialist/Expeditor - Sign-On
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Note: Potential Sign On Bonus may be offered to qualified candidate
SM-3 programs purchase Material from several local suppliers within Torrance and the Los Angeles Metropolitan area. The KBR resource will spend most time on site in Torrance; some time will be spent traveling to local suppliers.
- Collection and transportation of all certification paperwork and documentation that corresponds with the hardware transporting both internal and external
- Expedite receipt and / or delivery of critical hardware
- Attend hardware and schedule status meetings either on site or via telecoms.
- Attend other hardware related schedule or status meetings as required to support SM-3 program either on site or via telecom.
- Work with HON procurement and outside vendors to create/establish production and delivery schedules that align with the SM-3 program contractual requirements.
- Review End Item and Make Part LOB's: To assure part levels are adequate to support contract delivery schedule. Future part orders are aligned and placed in a timely manner
- Identify shortages and work with buyers to accomplish supplier schedule pull-ins.
- Review of product Log Books for accuracy and completeness prior to customer submittal.
- Monitor and coordinate QN resolution with Quality, Engineering and Integrated supply chain.
- Monitor and coordinate timely resolution of parts in PRB/ RTV/ QM-lot with Supplier Quality & Product Engineering.
- Travel to local suppliers as necessary to expedite parts delivery.
- Provide a daily hardware status written or verbal communication status of all detailed hardware, assemblies, and sub-assemblies to Customer SM-3 Hardware Management Team.
- Communicate daily on-time delivery and receipt of assigned detailed hardware and sub-assembly hardware for suppliers within assigned Metropolitan area to meet critical SM-3 production delivery schedules; thus, requires constant communication with client personnel throughout the day as to the transport of hardware whether between customer manufacturing suppliers, from manufacturing supplier to customer, or from customer to manufacturing supplier.
- Conduct a weekly program review meeting with the SM-3 Mission Assurance PM.
- Notify SM-3 Mission Assurance PM immediately of any issues requiring escalation beyond supervisor/ team lead level.
- Travel to local suppliers at request of the SM-3 Mission Assurance PM to investigate hardware delivery issues and provide a written findings report.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 5+ years Aerospace and Manufacturing / Materials Processing experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Enterprise resource planning software transaction experience.
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency programs and mission assurance “no change too small” requirements.
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
Preferred Skills/experiences :
- Experience and knowledge in Aerospace and Manufacturing / Materials Processing
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of hardware management, administration, expediting
- Knowledge of the complex hardware logistics and of the detailed hardware assemblies and sub-assemblies of the SM-3 program is highly recommended
- Ability to quickly identify and address critical issues of complex program and coordinate with suppliers and customer stakeholders to develop action plans to recover and improve performance.
- Experience and knowledge with the administration and expediting of SM-3 hardware including special physical handling requirements and training of extremely fragile hardware.
- Consistently delivers on all commitments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor messaging appropriate to audience.
- Excellent behaviors: teamwork, sense of urgency, self-starter, embraces challenges, takes ownership, can-do attitude, provides opinions and recommendations, challenges status quo.
- Passion and energy to learn, grow and share knowledge in all aspects of the role.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.