PSAB BOS-I: Power Generation Site Technician (Secret Clearance)
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Power Generation Site Technician
These functions are to ensure the delivery of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- The Generator/Power Production Site Technicians shall ensure Prime Power Generation and provides, continuous power with 99% availability to Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- Ensure primary power generators are working by performing load tests, preventative maintenance, and repairing any equipment.
- Must be able to systematically troubleshoot and repair generators ranging in size from 5 to 2,500 kilowatts and ensuring the accessory equipment used with the generators are functional and repaired.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions using technical orders, manufacturers' handbooks, local procedures, codes, and directives.
- This position shall function as an integral team member, cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral team members as required.
- Work with a diverse, international, and multi-skilled workforce as well as work hand in hand with electricians.
- As required, be available within two (2) hours of notification to meet on the installation with Government personnel.
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel, plus or minus 10%, at all times.
- Responsible for proper utilization, accounting, and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment tools, information and Data).
- Ensure contractual performance objectives are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED :
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES :
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of experience and certifications, USAF Power Production (3E0X2) AFSC experience is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Commercial/Industry Power Generations certification(s), Completion of Vocational school, or graduate from a DOD power generation Tech School
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater requirements.
Additional Skills :
- Principles of electronics and electricity including generation, including computation and measurement of common properties (resistance, inductance, capacitance, voltage, and current), conversion, transformation, distribution, and utilization.
- Transformers and regulator operations and connection; grounding and lightning protection systems.
- Types, capacity, and purpose of low/medium voltage circuits, circuit breakers, switches, fuses, regulators, relays, instruments, and meters associated with electric generation and distribution.
- Ability to interpreting instrument and meter readings as well as wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications.
- Techniques of operating and maintaining internal combustion engines, generators, generating plants, distribution panels, and accessory equipment and the use and purpose of test equipment.
- Safety rules and practices as well as environmental policies, principles of management and the operation and repair of electrical power production systems.
- Aptitude and skills for engines and chassis repair.
- Know and be able to apply the fundamentals of working on high and low voltage energized lines.
- Applications of safety requirements related to installation and maintenance of electrical distribution systems
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Have knowledge on military and commercial publications and environmental regulations.
- Pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player with decision-making ability
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and other common products used in office environments
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.