Location CA - Carlsbad
Req # 5734
Minimum Clearance Required Top Secret
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a System Administrator to join our team. The System Administrator is responsible for supporting and assisting in the maintenance of personal computer systems, databases, telephones, copiers, and general computer/network troubleshooting for KBR's offices across the country.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows domain setup, group policy, and user account administration.
- Professional and can take full ownership of individual tasks to deliver in a timely manner.
- Continuously seeking areas for process and quality improvement, and proactively seeking to support new tasks.
- Write and maintain implementation and design documentation describing architecture, procedures, and security.
- Conducts gap analyses as needed and provides results and recommendations to management for review.
- Developing automated and documented processes and procedures to simplify operational activities.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux administration to include familiarity with troubleshooting network, local storage, and programs/utilities issues.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, NPS services.
- Manage, administer, and provide architectural oversight for the VMware vSphere virtual environment including host and guest operating systems.
- Drive infrastructure related projects involving updates, migrations, and servers independently or through collaboration with other engineers.
- B.S. or B.A. in a technical field or relevant combination of education and experience (may consider 10 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree).
- 3+ years' experience managing an enterprise environment with Windows Server 2016/2012 and Windows 10.
- 3+ years' experience with Active Directory Enterprise Architecture and Group Policy Best Practice.
- 3+ years' experience with DNS/DHCP/NPS.
- 3+ Experience with virtualization supporting ESXI VMware.
- IAT Level 2 certification (Security+)
- IAT Level 2 certification (Security+).
- The Ideal candidate has a drive for learning new things and is passionate about end-to-end technical solutions and act as a mentor to other team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Managing software/patch deployment configurations for standard OS and applications, ensure patching compliance.
- Experience and knowledge of configuration and maintenance of NAS / SAN.
- Understanding of Microsoft 365 administration and experience supporting complex environments.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS.
- Scripting and orchestration: PowerShell, VB Scripts, and Ansible.
Security Requirements: TS/SCI with CI Poly
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.